XP
Country
United States
Ok here's what I have:
An 80 GB PS3 (3.15)
A MacBook Pro (10.5.8)
The Ethernet cable the PS3 came from
A wireless connection

So I want to use the adhocParty application on the PS3 so I can play my PSP games online with other people. My PS3 has always worked on my wireless connection, but enable to use adhocParty my PS3 needs to be plugged into a physical bradband connection. Since the Mac (wich is using my wireless connection) has a built in ethernet ability I thought that I could simply plug my PS3 to my Mac with the included cable and thus being able to use adhocParty. Am I right in thinking this? How would I do this? Any suggestions on other ways of physically connecting my PS3 to the internet (other than plugging it directly into my modem, wich is not anywhere near my PS3)?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you should be able to use internet sharing if you computer connected thru wireless. It will share the wireless connection to your wired card, connect wired card to your ps3. You have to enable it. I am not sure how this in done in macs. but i know can be done on windows. I done it before for my ps2

Yutsud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank you, atleast now i know that this is possibe.
If you might know anyone who may know how to on am mac please let them konw that i would apperciate the help, thank you

Yutsud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apperciate all of the help, really I do, but I am looking for someone who has successfully done this with their Mac or would know how to. The searches are a little difficult to navagate through, and other "i dont know but you can try this:" aren't really helping. I am looking for the proper set up for both the PS3 and my Mac.
Thank you

Yutsud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a free download on the PS3, it lets you play multi-player games that are normally only able to play locally online with 'non local' people by connecting to the PS3's internet connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.