PLEASE HELP - Wii VC Screen Goes Black

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ProwlerO, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ProwlerO
    OP

ProwlerO Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2008
    United States
    I have a NTSC Wii. I have the Homebrew Channel installed correctly and using the Wad Manager.

I have already purchased Super Mario Bros (NES) and Super Mario 64 (N64) from the Virtual Console Shop.

I used the wad manager to install Super Mario Bros 2 - Lost Levels (Pal)(NES). I used freethewads and installed it perfectly...

My problem started when I tried to play SMB 2. The screen goes black. I can hear the game, but get a black screen. I can press the home button and the screen comes up. And I can exit the game and start it again and get the same problem.

Also, now the Super Mario Bros I bought, does the the same thing. I have deleted it and redownloaded it and it still does the same thing.

I did search the forums and found that using the Z + A + 2 trick... But that does not work...

What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.

2. djbubba2002

djbubba2002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2007
    Why dont you get Super Mario Bros 2 - lost levels Ntsc one ... its out

3. ProwlerO
    OP

ProwlerO Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2008
    United States
    I figured it out... Somehow the settings got changed to 480i, instead of 480p. Changing it back to 480p in the settings fixed it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice