Hacking Please help, urgent!! Wii freezes on startup!!!&#3

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just installed everything and everything worked fine!!
Then I installed the new wiiware game, kindred spirits and now my wii freezes at the startup where it says press A

I have Bootmii but only installed as an ISO.. I was so STUPID not installing preloader.. please help me! It's not my wii and I feel messed up!! Just that one game ruined it. I made sure it was the same region, and I got it where I got all my other wiiware games but no go.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what system menu are you on cause a system menu reinstall might work like with mymenugify or soft mii just make sure your .app is the right one
i had kind of the same prob but it wasnt from a wiiware install but it worked for me
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you installed a corrupted wad

depending on your system menu version, you might be able to save it still

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got it downloaded and burned, do I have to do something or will it autoboot? Cause it doesn't seem to be doing anything =[

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you'll be able to boot it since you didn't use preloader to disable the diagnostic disc check. You'll need a chip for it to run in that case. And your IOS50 has to have been trucha patched.

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading a modchip is the only solution.. any recommendations? Keep in mind I only want one so I can unbrick this wii! I don't need a good one with all the options, just one that will help me fix the wii and that's it!

My IOS50 is not truchapatched.. that may be the problem.

azaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same issue with the same corrupted .wad for kindred spirits wiiware. I am running 4.1u. I had bootmii installed as an iso not as boot2. No preloader/starfall. Can that bootmi recovery disc work for me? If so what do i do?

1. burn iso onto dvd.
2. startup wii?

or do i need a safemii/gc controller hack. If so how do I make my gc controller into a savemii. I also dont know if i had trucha installed. I am assuming no since my wii was 3.4 when i brought it home last month and i went to 4.1u.

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys if you can't install bootmii as a boot 2 why wouldn't you install preloader. do you guys read anything before you softmod your wii? if it is still under warranty call up nintendo.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
azaa said:
i have the same issue with the same corrupted .wad for kindred spirits wiiware. I am running 4.1u. I had bootmii installed as an iso not as boot2. No preloader/starfall. Can that bootmi recovery disc work for me? If so what do i do?

1. burn iso onto dvd.
2. startup wii?

or do i need a safemii/gc controller hack. If so how do I make my gc controller into a savemii. I also dont know if i had trucha installed. I am assuming no since my wii was 3.4 when i brought it home last month and i went to 4.1u.

That disc requires a few things before it will work, from the sounds of it you may not be able to use it. Good Luck getting your wii fixed.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tanis698 said:
guys if you can't install bootmii as a boot 2 why wouldn't you install preloader. do you guys read anything before you softmod your wii? if it is still under warranty call up nintendo.
really you cant just get into it and not know what your doing.
anyways this is all the help i can give you
1-800-255-3700

cseru1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump! I just still have one last question!
I ordered a Wasabi Zero, will that be able to run the Nintendo Recovery disk by using the SaveMiiFrii method?

Or am I totally screwed and should just send it back to Nintendo

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
cseru1 said:
Sorry for the bump! I just still have one last question!
I ordered a Wasabi Zero, will that be able to run the Nintendo Recovery disk by using the SaveMiiFrii method?

Or am I totally screwed and should just send it back to Nintendo

yes it will. its a modchip so yeah. use savemiifrii with the modchip. so no disc check. make sure u have a nand backup thing if u have bootmii as ios and wanna use the bootmii forwarderr.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16