ROM Hack Please help the team from Serenes Forest translate Fire Emblem If (fates)!

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54979&page=1

it seems they are going smoothly for now, but the more the merrier right? i have no hacking skills and i don't want to spoil myself with the story, but maybe this can end up being helpful too!

Of course, if you don't want to be spoiled about the games, be careful... very careful.

Remember that this game has a serious risk of being butchered by the NA localization so a fan translation has chances of being better!

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to help, as my Japanese is somewhat good. However, I don't have an exploitable 3DS (I only have two New 3DS systems, an American XL and a Japanese non-XL). Do I need to have an exploitable system to help translate?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can hlp with graphics , if yoy guys arent in a hurry because I'm on another project XD
If you want we can do it in portuguese latter
Oh wait it's from Dj, I know him xD I Still think it should be named "if" for the fan translation >w>

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i honestly can't see the point in translating a game that will certainly get released in the west. (although, looking a wikipedia it seems a long wait though)
if you want to have a 'better' translation, then, sure ok... but it would be nicer to translate some other game that never will get released.
why not retranslate every other fire emblem game? (maybe it has been done lol)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i honestly can't see the point in translating a game that will certainly get released in the west. (although, looking a wikipedia it seems a long wait though)
if you want to have a 'better' translation, then, sure ok... but it would be nicer to translate some other game that never will get released.
even translating it " the way" the official are doing it .. I agree you it have to be something like " hey we to better than you that are paid for it!" hahah XD
but even using the locatio title >w> *sorry I still can't accept XDD*

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
even translating it " the way" the official are doing it .. I agree you it have to be something like " hey we to better than you that are paid for it!" hahah XD
but even using the locatio title >w> *sorry I still can't accept XDD*
well i just saw in the serenesforest page that it is just to get the game playable, not a full translation :) so sure, that is not as much work then!

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well.. someway lol waiting still... I think making a closer translation would be usefull to " see how it is without localization changes" when the oficial comes out

Reactions: logg

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah right? I wanted this coming officially for each game, so the player coud choice this , not being forced to accept what they decided what is
better, right? :P

Honestly, you're still at the will of whatever the translators determine is "best". They're not as likely to chop out content, granted, but there could still be some changes in wording that might slightly change things (usually this happens because of line spacing, etc.)

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly, you're still at the will of whatever the translators determine is "best". They're not as likely to chop out content, granted, but there could still be some changes in wording that might slightly change things (usually this happens because of line spacing, etc.)
I know that, he example is that they want to use " fates" and Localized names instead of "if" and the actuall japanese names, but is really that you said
one example is that fa translation wouldn't do something like that hahaha (unless they really want to do loke the localization does ... anyway)
18mh2vvu82yrtjpg.jpg

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, the game is nice and i can see that a
lot ppl doesn't want to wait until it gets localized.

Translating a game to a language you can understand
is ok as long they don't plan to release it outside japan,
otherwise it could be a HUGE problem.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, the game is nice and i can see that a
lot ppl doesn't want to wait until it gets localized.

Translating a game to a language you can understand
is ok as long they don't plan to release it outside japan,
otherwise it could be a HUGE problem.

Why would it be a huge problem?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would it be a huge problem?
Well, if it is a full translation they're planning on (which doesn't seem like it is in this particular case though), there's a fair chance of them being C&D'd and their work being for nothing.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if it is a full translation they're planning on (which doesn't seem like it is in this particular case though), there's a fair chance of them being C&D'd and their work being for nothing.

Keep in mind: I'm one of the project leaders.

And that has nothing to do with the translation being a problem -- C&Ds are a risk any translation project runs, and not really relevant to whether they're worth doing.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Keep in mind: I'm one of the project leaders.

And that has nothing to do with the translation being a problem -- C&Ds are a risk any translation project runs, and not really relevant to whether they're worth doing.
That's true, but AFAIK the chances of actually getting C&Dd are quite low (as long as it has nothing to do with Square Enix lol). When it's a game the company is planning to release themselves (and thus, potentially people playing the fan translation before the official release), said company would probably view it as competition and possible lost sales, which means they may actually bother C&D-ing.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, but AFAIK the chances of actually getting C&Dd are quite low (as long as it has nothing to do with Square Enix lol). When it's a game the company is planning to release themselves (and thus, potentially people playing the fan translation before the official release), said company would probably view it as competition and possible lost sales, which means they may actually bother C&D-ing.

Sure...but that's still not something I'd classify as a "huge problem," at all.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen many translation projects (twice where i was part of it) getting dropped because the
publisher sended e-mails even if it was planed not to release it as a gamefile and only diff-patch.

The 'huge' problem was the content in the e-mail i've seen, not nice...

I'll still hope for a good translation bcuz i like FE:IF and will support it after it gets released here.

Reactions: Sliter

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is content in the game that will almost certainly be censored when it releases here. There's also the chance that the fan translation could be better than the official one. And most of all, this patch will hopefully be done before the Western release, which doesn't even have a date yet besides "2016".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a