Hacking Please help, ROM's only sometimes show (EZ Flash Omega)

devilzfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been trying to get this thing to work for hours now.

I did a full format of my 32gb Micro SD card, FAT32.

I updated the firmware.

I checked the files and folders to make sure they weren't read-only, and to make sure the files were archived.

And now it works sometimes. When I boot, I'll either see the GBA directory or not. It's like a coin toss. That's the only ROM folder that will show. The GB, GBC and NES folders have never shown up for me.

I'm at my wits end now. I've been googling and reading through this forum for solutions but nothing is working. I've tried replacing the roms, formating, etc, over and over. Please help me.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been trying to get this thing to work for hours now.

I did a full format of my 32gb Micro SD card, FAT32.

I updated the firmware.

I checked the files and folders to make sure they weren't read-only, and to make sure the files were archived.

And now it works sometimes. When I boot, I'll either see the GBA directory or not. It's like a coin toss. That's the only ROM folder that will show. The GB, GBC and NES folders have never shown up for me.

I'm at my wits end now. I've been googling and reading through this forum for solutions but nothing is working. I've tried replacing the roms, formating, etc, over and over. Please help me.
Make folders 27 of them #-Z and GBA roms need un-archived

Reactions: husky3g

devilzfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make folders 27 of them #-Z and GBA roms need un-archived

Apologies, I'm not sure I understand. Make 27 folders inside each ROM System folder? (#-Z inside the NES folder, #-Z inside the GBA folder, #-Z inside the GBC folder, etc)?

Or have like NES #, then NES A, NES B, etc?

I have just unticked the "ready for archive" for the GBA roms as you suggested. Will see how that works.

Thank you for the response.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, I'm not sure I understand. Make 27 folders inside each ROM System folder? (#-Z inside the NES folder, #-Z inside the GBA folder, #-Z inside the GBC folder, etc)?

Or have like NES #, then NES A, NES B, etc?

I have just unticked the "ready for archive" for the GBA roms as you suggested. Will see how that works.

Thank you for the response.
Yes 27 folders under each system GBA, GBC Etc and .GBA can not be .zip or .rar GBA roms can't be archived

devilzfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes 27 folders under each system GBA, GBC Etc and .GBA can not be .zip or .rar GBA roms can't be archived

I got you, thanks. All the ROMS are in the .gba, .gbc, .gb, and .nes format. Nothing is zipped or rar'ed. By "archive" I mean: File-Properties-Advanced-File is ready for archiving.
I read in several threads on here that option needed to be ticked.

Either way, I tried with the #-Z folders and I'm still getting nothing. I even used different ROM sources, and nothing is showing.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got you, thanks. All the ROMS are in the .gba, .gbc, .gb, and .nes format. Nothing is zipped or rar'ed. By "archive" I mean: File-Properties-Advanced-File is ready for archiving.
I read in several threads on here that option needed to be ticked.

Either way, I tried with the #-Z folders and I'm still getting nothing. I even used different ROM sources, and nothing is showing.
Sure it's not .gba.zip ? As with default windows will hide extentions

devilzfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure it's not .gba.zip ? As with default windows will hide extentions

Positive it's not .gba.zip. I have my Windows set not to hide extensions. Still trying to figure out why it'll show the GBA folder sometimes, but other times it won't. And still won't show the GB, GBC or NES folders.

I do appreciate the responses though. Thank you!

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positive it's not .gba.zip. I have my Windows set not to hide extensions. Still trying to figure out why it'll show the GBA folder sometimes, but other times it won't. And still won't show the GB, GBC or NES folders.

I do appreciate the responses though. Thank you!
Size of card?

devilzfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes a full 32GB scan right?

Well, these are the results. I don't know what to make of it exactly, but hopefully you do. Thank you!

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 11.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 13.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, these are the results. I don't know what to make of it exactly, but hopefully you do. Thank you!

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 11.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 13.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
Ok so card is all good then that's good news

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
some rom pacakges were packaged from linux, the file attributes are not correct. readonly or non-archive.

in my opinion, extract the roms to the hdd, select them all, uncheck readonly if there is one. then copy the rom to SD card.

devilzfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some rom pacakges were packaged from linux, the file attributes are not correct. readonly or non-archive.

in my opinion, extract the roms to the hdd, select them all, uncheck readonly if there is one. then copy the rom to SD card.

I just double checked them, none are set to read only. And they're all set to archive. I'm really bewildered with this whole thing. Sometimes I put the micro SD card in and the GBA directory shows up, but most of the time it doesn't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, so here's something new I just found out. The ROM's show up if I put them just on the SD card without putting them in a folder.

So now I just need to figure out why the Flash card won't display folders with ROMs in them.

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so here's something new I just found out. The ROM's show up if I put them just on the SD card without putting them in a folder.

So now I just need to figure out why the Flash card won't display folders with ROMs in them.

Just a thought, are you using a mac?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey