Hacking Please help noob. emunand and luma3ds.

buraot1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i followed this guide exactly and got my 3ds downgraded to 9.2 and now have luma3ds and have the ability to play cias.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

My question now is im trying to play fire embled fates but it gets stuck on the nintendo ds screen. After some research it seems i need to upgrade my emunand firmware to 11.0 using the system upgrade option on the ds, but it says to be careful to do it on emunand and not sysnand.

I did some readying but still am confused.... do i have emunand? how do i access it? Again I just followed the tutorial above and am still unsure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

bitjacker

GBAtemp Disorderly
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand is a thing for other cfw types. luma is genetically superior to those. you can update. wait you do have fbi on your 3ds, right?

buraot1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi thanks for the reply i do have fbi on my 3ds and have installed the cia for fire emble but it gets stuck on the nintendo screen apprarently i read that i need to update my firmware to 10.3 or higher.

So you say update do i just do that on the nintendo 3ds update option? I want to be really sure cause if i update to 11 i will loose my cfw. and it was a pain trying to find a 10.7 3ds hehe :)

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
hi thanks for the reply i do have fbi on my 3ds and have installed the cia for fire emble but it gets stuck on the nintendo screen apprarently i read that i need to update my firmware to 10.3 or higher.

So you say update do i just do that on the nintendo 3ds update option? I want to be really sure cause if i update to 11 i will loose my cfw. and it was a pain trying to find a 10.7 3ds hehe :)

What filmware does it say you're on? Post the full thing

buraot1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it says "Emu" in the systems settings, you're safe to update from there, if it says "Sys" you're in sysNAND - it says sys 9.2.0 wait the peroson above says that emunand is not required in luma? is this correct?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sys 9.2.0-20u

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
If it says "Emu" in the systems settings, you're safe to update from there, if it says "Sys" you're in sysNAND - it says sys 9.2.0 wait the peroson above says that emunand is not required in luma? is this correct?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sys 9.2.0-20u

Did you follow the guide all the way with installing A9LH also? If so, you're be using an updated sysNAND like most people

buraot1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i followed the guide all the way to the end. So i must be using and updated sysnand. Im sorry but what does that mean can i go ahead and updated my firmware without losing cfw? Thanks for your help.

buraot1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using the nintendo system update option right? haha im sorry but this feels so counter intuitive to upgrade to the latest firmware especially using the nintendo app. ok if you confirm it is good i will go ahead..... thanks for your help

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
using the nintendo system update option right? haha im sorry but this feels so counter intuitive to upgrade to the latest firmware especially using the nintendo app. ok if you confirm it is good i will go ahead..... thanks for your help

Yep its all fine, if you followed the entire guide you're 100% guranteed not to lose any CFW as it being A9LH/Luma3DS - you're welcome

buraot1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
profalyton123 - hi quick question. i read something about a new firmware being released today? A friend of mine has a 3ds same as mine but is still on 9.2 lumad3ds. is it not safe for them to upgrade now with the new firmware release?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
profalyton123 - hi quick question. i read something about a new firmware being released today? A friend of mine has a 3ds same as mine but is still on 9.2 lumad3ds. is it not safe for them to upgrade now with the new firmware release?
He can update as long as he is on EMUNAND not SYSNAND.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

buraot1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can update as long as he is on EMUNAND not SYSNAND.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

hi sky thanks for the reply.. my understanding was since i was using a9lh and luma3ds that i dont have emunand and i just upgrade using system update which is what i did for my 3ds. thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs