Please help me with updating hbc and cios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by di4medollaz, May 11, 2009.

1. di4medollaz
    OP

di4medollaz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2008
    Canada
    Ok i havent played my wii in quite a long time and really need to update so i figured i would ask a pro on this forum [​IMG] , before i took this break i had the first homebrew channel "8 i believe" wiigators gamma loader , a older wad manager and cios36_rev5-64-v1042.wad and dvdx all installed.
    Since i have come back i see that almost every single app i have is way outdated and i wanted to update them all but cant figure a few things out for the life of me.
    1. Do i need the zelda TWP to udate my homebrew channel from 8 to 1.1? or can i just update it to a newer one without it and if so how?
    2. I tried playing a newer wiiware game "onslaught" and it would not load it just would take me back to the screen without loading so i figure my cios is out of date so i downloaded cIOS36_rev9-installer but dont know how to install it over the old one cios36_rev5-64-v1042.

Any help would be most appreciated and i thank u for your time OH BY THE WAY my firmware is 3.3u

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet

3. di4medollaz
    OP

di4medollaz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2008
    Canada
    awsome answer thank you , also about cios36R9 not working for vc/ww games wich ios should i install to make all the current wii ware games and gamma backuploader all work?

4. di4medollaz
    OP

di4medollaz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2008
    Canada
    BUMP

5. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice