Please help me with updating hbc and cios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by di4medollaz, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009
  1. di4medollaz
    OP

Newcomer di4medollaz Member

Canada
    Ok i havent played my wii in quite a long time and really need to update so i figured i would ask a pro on this forum [​IMG] , before i took this break i had the first homebrew channel "8 i believe" wiigators gamma loader , a older wad manager and cios36_rev5-64-v1042.wad and dvdx all installed.
    Since i have come back i see that almost every single app i have is way outdated and i wanted to update them all but cant figure a few things out for the life of me.
    1. Do i need the zelda TWP to udate my homebrew channel from 8 to 1.1? or can i just update it to a newer one without it and if so how?
    2. I tried playing a newer wiiware game "onslaught" and it would not load it just would take me back to the screen without loading so i figure my cios is out of date so i downloaded cIOS36_rev9-installer but dont know how to install it over the old one cios36_rev5-64-v1042.

Any help would be most appreciated and i thank u for your time OH BY THE WAY my firmware is 3.3u

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium

3. di4medollaz
    OP

Canada
    awsome answer thank you , also about cios36R9 not working for vc/ww games wich ios should i install to make all the current wii ware games and gamma backuploader all work?

4. di4medollaz
    OP

Canada
  5. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States