Please help me with this small problem! (File extension - .nds)

GuardianHX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ran CCleaner to clean out my unused and temporary files, and forgot to set it to ignore file extensions!

It deleted the name, ".nds" from my extensions, and now all my DS roms are called, "nds_auto_file".

How do I set it to .nds, again? Changing the file name to .nds doesn't work! ;-;

GuardianHX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried that, and there's no option to rename the extension.

Would opening it or associating it with an emulator work? Like No$Gba or something?

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
You can do it through "Command Here", That is how I have changed many file extensions.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe

When it opens up the folder in does type this (this is example):
move example.zip(< thats the file you are gunna change) example.nds(< file extension you want to change it to).

So it will look like this:
move example.zip example.nds than after that it should be changed to an nds file. You just need to figure out the extension first.

GuardianHX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NeSchn said:
You can do it through "Command Here", That is how I have changed many file extensions.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe

When it opens up the folder in does type this (this is example):
move example.zip(< thats the file you are gunna change) example.nds(< file extension you want to change it to).

So it will look like this:
move example.zip example.nds than after that it should be changed to an nds file. You just need to figure out the extension first.

That seems to have worked! Thank you very, very much!
*Gives NeSchn a cookie*

Trukkle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Open the folder they're in, click "Tools > Folder Options" at the top of the window.
Click the "View" tab.
Look and scroll down the list for "Hide extensions for known file types". (have a look at the rest of the options there too, making hidden files visible can be useful to regular users too sometimes)
Un-tick it and click apply.

Now when you rename a file, it's extension will be renamable too.
yaynds.gif

A program like regexrename could do the job for you automatically too if you wanted to go that route or had more files than you want to do manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1