please help me with my g6real 16g questions

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Eternal Myst, May 2, 2008.

May 2, 2008
  1. Eternal Myst
    OP

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    hello my gbatemp freind i have just joined this with satisfaction [​IMG]
    and am enjoying it [​IMG]
    but need ur wise advice [​IMG]
    i want to purchase a ds flashcart
    and have my eyes on the g6ds real 16gb...2gigabytes [​IMG]
    i am a noob and apperently no nothing of it so i would like to ask u a few questions if u do not mind
    my good sir...well maybe not questions but
    1.does it play ds games...i dont care about download play or online play [​IMG]
    2.does pokemon diamond and pearl work on it?what about the legend of zelda phantom hourglass?
    3.were can i get these updates or patches for it and how do i do it? [​IMG]
    5.do gba games work on it...idc if they dont..but im just wondering if they do [​IMG]
    4.is it noob compatibe...in saying that i mean is it easy to use [​IMG]
    6.does the snes emulator work on it.... [​IMG] earthbound so im wondering
    7.does it save files? [​IMG]
    8.do the downloads section of this website include the latest firmware and what do i do with it like how do i use th firmware and use it on my g6 [​IMG]
    9.thanks for reading and please forgive me for so many questions apparently im new to this [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Don't get a G6 Real, they have apparently stopped supporting it. The last several G6/M3 Real updates have not worked correctly on the G6.

This may change, they may start supporting it again, but until that happens you don't want to buy one.

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States

1.does it play ds games...i dont care about download play or online play [​IMG]

Yes, it will play NDS Roms. Download play is at about 12% working. Online play is perfect.

2.does pokemon diamond and pearl work on it?what about the legend of zelda phantom hourglass?
    They all work perfectly.

3.were can i get these updates or patches for it and how do i do it? [​IMG]
    Here on GBATemp and www.handheldsources.com

5.do gba games work on it...idc if they dont..but im just wondering if they do [​IMG]
    Only with a compatible RAM cart. If you have a GBA flash cart, just keep it.

4.is it noob compatibe...in saying that i mean is it easy to use [​IMG]
    drag your rom files into the NDS folder, turn on the DS, and PLAY!

6.does the snes emulator work on it.... [​IMG] earthbound so im wondering
    SNEmulDS v0.6 runs Earthbound at about 90% (some graphic issues) Not all SNES games work, but it's a very good emu.

7.does it save files? [​IMG]
    If you stay at firmware 3.2 for now, yes, it will save your games.

8.do the downloads section of this website include the latest firmware and what do i do with it like how do i use th firmware and use it on my g6 [​IMG]
    The latests firmware for the G6/M3 is at 3.6, but the G6 Real DS will only save ROM's on firmware 3.2... a glitch that the team hasn't fixed for a while now.

9.thanks for reading and please forgive me for so many questions apparently im new to this [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had the same questions when I was researching DS flash carts... but I suggest stay away from the G6 DS Real, and go with the M3 DS Real (basically the same card, but the M3 is being updated more than that G6)

4. Eternal Myst
    OP

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    thaks guys
    yeah ill get the m3ds real
    it seems the same
    and the g6 isnt available on many websites to buy
    thank u alot