Hacking PLEASE help me unbrick my wii!!!

knetten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
HELLO!
Exadently I updated my wii to 4.2. Then I couldnt use homebrew channel to launch coverfloader anymore!
I downloaded something so I could downgrade my wii to 3.2, and then upgrade it to 4.1. I did, and when I upgraded it to 4.1, my wii wouldnt start!
When I press the power button, the green light comes up, but not the picture on the tv. And when I pressing some buttons on the wii remote, it wont reakt. The lights just flashing, and the remote turns off. The wii can eject discs, but thats allmoust all.
To turn the wii off, I need to push the butoon on the wii.
Is there a way to fix this? Can I reboot my wii or something? And if there is nothing to do, can I send it to where I bought my wii then? I havent done any illegal...have I?
PLEASE help me solve this problem! I really want to play wii again!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
knetten said:
HELLO!
Exadently I updated my wii to 4.2. Then I couldnt use homebrew channel to launch coverfloader anymore!
I downloaded something so I could downgrade my wii to 3.2, and then upgrade it to 4.1. I did, and when I upgraded it to 4.1, my wii wouldnt start!
When I press the power button, the green light comes up, but not the picture on the tv. And when I pressing some buttons on the wii remote, it wont reakt. The lights just flashing, and the remote turns off. The wii can eject discs, but thats allmoust all.
To turn the wii off, I need to push the butoon on the wii.
Is there a way to fix this? Can I reboot my wii or something? And if there is nothing to do, can I send it to where I bought my wii then? I havent done any illegal...have I?
PLEASE help me solve this problem! I really want to play wii again!

It sounds to me that the IOS 60 version you installed is the latest, stub one. Do you have a modchip, Preloader or BootMii as Boot2/IOS (and HBC, of course,
tongue.gif
) installed?

P.S.: downgrading the Wii is illegal, you know...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unless you have bootmii as boot2 your pretty much done.

When you updated to 4.2 it installed a stub ios60(ios60 is used for system menu 4.1) when you downgraded to 3.2 and then updated to 4.1 the 4.1 updater didn't install an ios60 because you already had the latest version of it which is a stub and the system menu can not run off of a stub.

knetten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I dont think I installed bootmii as BOOT2....but I istalled it...but I dont know what I installed it in...
But how do I launch it if I got it?
No I dont have modchip...
Isnt there a way to just delete everything on my wii or something? Open it and fix something...

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Droskies said:
if you installed bootmii as boot2 you should be able to hold reset when you turn on the wii to the preloader
Considering they are entirely different applications and he made no mention of preloader that would be a very clever trick......
rolleyes.gif

Check your SD card to see if the bootmii folder is still on it and report back if it is and if so what files are in the folder.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
knetten said:
I dont think I installed bootmii as BOOT2....but I istalled it...but I dont know what I installed it in...
Isnt there a way to just delete everything on my wii or something? Open it and fix something...

Hmmm... Be sure you have these files in the SD root. If you do, try to boot the Wii with the SD card inserted. If BootMii doesn't show up, you don't have it installed as Boot2. I think your only hope in that case would be Preloader.

EDIT: and maybe, the gc_fix or setting replace.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you turn the wii on look at the wiis disc slot.

Does it blink once and then twice really fast?

If so you have bootmii as boot2.If not then you don't have bootmii as boot2.

knetten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
PabloACZ said:
knetten said:

Hmmm... Be sure you have these files in the SD root. If you do, try to boot the Wii with the SD card inserted. If BootMii doesn't show up, you don't have it installed as Boot2. I think your only hope in that case would be Preloader.

Preloader what is that? And how do I run it? and....the gc_fix? what is that?
I know Im pretty nub...
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
knetten said:
PabloACZ said:
knetten said:

Preloader what is that? And how do I run it? and....the gc_fix? what is that?
I know Im pretty nub...
smile.gif
your done man, you can't just run preloader, it must be installed prior to.

your an idiot man for doing things on your own and not searching the boards first.

priceless man, have fun with your wii and stub IOS60!

D

Deleted-171178

Droskies said:
if you installed bootmii as boot2 you should be able to hold reset when you turn on the wii to the preloader
I am considering adding this to my signature.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't have preloader.

Try putting the files that PabloACZ posted a link to on the root of your sd card and stick the sd card in the wii and then turn it on.If you have bootmii as boot2 it will load.Try this and report back if it loads bootmii or not.If it does then you can save your wii if not your done.

knetten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
mattjd said:
nope your fucked. Might as well send to nintendo and get it repaired. Just say I updated to 4.2 and the screen was just black
tongue.gif
Do you think I can do that? Just send it to Nintendo and say it got broken by a normal update? Dont I have to pay for anything then?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just phone them and say you did the update and then restarted your Wii and all you got was a black screen and they'll probably replace it with a reconditioned one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple