Please help me to restore IOSes!! EMERGENCY!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Orca, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010
  1. Orca
    OP

Newcomer Orca Newbie

United States
    Hey guys. I WISH I hadn't volunteered myself for yet another Wii hacking. I've hacked like... 7. For the most part, they were all easy.

I used this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

However, my Uncle gave me his Wii to hack X-mas day... I'm still not done with it. I've been putting it off because-- I made a boo boo and don't know what to do. It makes me sick thinking about it.

My issue came when the above guide was updated. I was fine with the previous iteration, using different apps, and whatnot. However.. I royally screwed up this time around.

Here's my dilemma-- it's probably easy to fix.. I just can't figure it out.

I updated my Wii via Ninty to 4.2 (from 3.3). His Wii was built after June of '08, as such, the boot2 is different (BootMii had to install as an IOS).

I usually use "AnyTitleDeleter" when deleted Ioses 249, and 250, etc... but this time, I was using a different app. I thought I was just clicking 'next' I was just trying to quickly run through the boring process. It turns out I deleted all of the IOS stubs that I could possible delete with DOP-IOS MOD v9 (the guide now uses v10.1).

Needless to say this is a problem. I was careless because I figured I could just restore the Wii with the backup I made in bootmii.. however when I try to restore the Wii it tells me that it's too dangerous to try restoring and it won't let me. Who knows.. maybe I deleted the IOS that is needed for Bootmii?

Either way... I tried to figure out how to restore the IOSes on my own--- but didn't get anywhere. What can I do?

At this point I have little to no interest in bothering fully hacking it. Unless however it's something I can do within relative ease. At this point, seeing as how the idea of working with his Wii sickens me, I'd just like to be rid of it--- If the IOSes were back in line I wouldn't have to worry about the Wii suddenly bricking in the distant to near future.

Sorry for the wall of text, I turned to you guys because I have no where else to go.

p.s. sorry I'm an idiot

Thanks in advance for the help!!

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    DOP-IOS Mod 10.1 use that to delete stubs it has an option,when you deleted the stubs use DOP-IOS to reinstall the IOS's you deleted(not stubs),also try making another backup,or reinstall Bootmii altogether

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If they were stubs like you say, deleting them is harmless. If you want, run DOP-IOS MOD again, then download all the deleted IOSes with that.

Bootmii IOS doesn't let you restore, since it can lead to bricking.

4. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So...what happened exactly? If you deleted only stubs, then what is the problem?

5. lolzed

Philippines
    meh nevermind,i get it

6. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    EDIT: lolzed edited his post out, so mine is useless...

7. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    bootmii IOS does let you restore, but you must mash A+B+X+Y on a GC controller all at once.

but that's beside the point. then ONLY side effect of deleting all the stubs like you did, is that games will now bitch about wanting to update. even old games with a 3.3 update will want to. so you have 3 ways to fix this...

1 - try a bootmii restore with bootmii IOS (and risk a brickif something doesn't go right)
    2 - just install the IOSes you deleted. you can use DOP IOS, get wads with NUS downloader,game disc(newer game - don't be a dumbass and try to install a 3.2 update), etc
    3 - use some hack like preloader/starpatch to block disc updates.

8. lolzed

Philippines
    k after reading a while(btw i edited my post before i read his)it seems that restoring from IOS is possible,but not supported,in other words,it still is possible to make a NAND backup with it,but taking more risks than boot2

9. Orca
    OP

Newcomer Orca Newbie

United States
    Oh. So If I give the Wii back to him after just having deleted the stubs it won't be a problem?

FOr some reason--- maybe it was just my luck at the time, but the Wii isn't connecting to the internet. Using DOP IOS how to I reinstall the IOSes? It asks which IOS to load them under... but I don't have any stubs to load them under (except 15-- because I clicked 'restore IOS15').

If I wanted to restore the IOSes using NUS downloader.. how would I do that? To my knowledge I can't install wads on his Wii-- as I don't have it fully hacked. *sigh*

What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks for the quick responses btw, I really appreciate it! You guys here at GBAtemp are great!

EDIT:

Oh hey giantpune!! Funny seeing you here! I've seen you around SmashBoards, that's where I generally reside. Nice work on the Brawl+ updatifier! [​IMG]

Could you walk me through the second option (restoring IOSes). I feel terrible bothering you for help.. but I just don't know what to do on my own. BTW, that's one sexy avatar! lol.

10. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    this is simple. since you only deleted stub IOSes with DOP IOS, you still have IOS 249 i recommend you get your meathooks on NUS downloader, commonkey.bin, and the latest wadmanager mod by leathl.

then sit you ass down and get the following wads with NUS downloader
    0000000100000004 v65280
    000000010000000a v768
    000000010000000b v256
    0000000100000010 v512
    0000000100000014 v256
    000000010000001e v2816
    0000000100000032 v5120
    0000000100000033 v4864
    000000010000003c v6400

then use the wadmanager mod and ios249 or 250 when it asks. and use that super cool batch mode and install all the wads you created with NUS downloader.

11. Orca
    OP

Newcomer Orca Newbie

United States
    thanks man! I'll give this a shot!

12. junker_man32

Banned junker_man32 Banned

United States
    yes...and emergency..your a retard..cant help you with that.