Please help me run my SSBB NTSC backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blechner, Mar 31, 2008.

Mar 31, 2008
  1. blechner
    OP

    Newcomer blechner Member

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Messages:
    47
    Country:
    Brazil
    Hi everyone. I've just joined this community.
    I've posted this in a wrong topic so I am posting it again here (I hope this is the right topic!).
    As most people here, I am having problems trying to put my SSBB USA DVD9 to play. Everyone is saying "I got disk errors", "I got white screen". My problem is: my wii doesn't even try to read the disk!! I can't hear the "reading disk characteristic sound" Please help me! I don't know which modchip I have but every game I tried ran fine (including mario galaxy) but it fails to read my SSBB disk. I think I have wiikey because this is what the guy who sold the console to me said. I've tried the IMGBURN layer break configuration and the NERO default configuration and nothing seems to work. I only get that famous question mark in the disk channel. I am using RITEK DL disks. My wii is in version 3.1U.
    Thank you very much! (and sorry for the long post...)
     
  2. perimbean

    Member perimbean GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2007
    Messages:
    109
    Location:
    Singapore
    Country:
    Singapore
    How about try using Verbatim Dual-Layer discs?
    I'm using it and it's fine!

    If possible, open up the console to find out what mochip you have, cos it'd be easier to troubleshoot.

    Cheers!
    perimbean
     
  3. lvholanda

    Member lvholanda GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    Messages:
    140
    Location:
    Brazil
    Country:
    United States
    Try to see you Modchip, maybe it´s a fake of the wiikey

    Portuguese version:

    Tenta ver qual seu modchip, pois pode ser Wiikey pirata, ou abre seu console e veja.
     
  4. blechner
    OP

    Newcomer blechner Member

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Messages:
    47
    Country:
    Brazil
    Thank you for your reply! Maybe I will open my wii to check the modhip but only as the last alternative. Is there a way to know if my wiikey is real without having to open the console? As I said before, I can play Mario Galaxy backup with no issues. Can the fake wiikey run Mario Galaxy? Is it safe to try to update to 1.9s? I don't care if it will work or not, I just don't want to trash my wii. As for the wii firmware version, I heard that there is no problem in running SSBB with 3.1U so I did not try tu update it (and I am also affraid to do so...)
    I also checked the console's serial number and someone said my wii can be either D2B (probability of 80%) or DMS (probability of 20%). Anyway, if I ever get the SSBB to work on my wii, is it safe to update whatever is necessary? I mean, both the and the SSBB copy are USA NTSC... I think the brick risk exists only when you try to update the console with a game of a different region, is it right?
    Thanks for the Portuguese translation but you don't need to do that. I can understand english pretty well.
     

Share This Page