Please help me my switch turn to black screen after sleep

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have a few options. I would first try to update/reinstall emummc firmware with daybreak first to see if that fixes your issue.

If that doesn’t work you can then try wiping the emummc and restoring from backup, creating new emummc from scratch, or creating/ restoring emummc to a new card!
Here and here are a few threads that will help you if you have to mess with the SD card !

Edit: Here is a video that will help you out tremendously if you have to mess with SD card and emummc. Wish this was a thing when I upgraded my SD, would have been much smoother.

Hope you get it sorted!
Thanks a lot i've busy with work.
I noticed it crashed not all the time but occasionally :(
maybe SD card failure

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot i've busy with work.
I noticed it crashed not all the time but occasionally :(
maybe SD card failure
I am not sure what is happening, i made a back up to my computer.
I haven't even delete or anything. I thought I will do it tomorrow.
since my kids wants to play I put my sd card back to nintendo switch.
It doesn't even want to go to rcm with the jig right after sxos screen it goes to nintendo switch original firmware T__T

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not sure what is happening, i made a back up to my computer.
I haven't even delete or anything. I thought I will do it tomorrow.
since my kids wants to play I put my sd card back to nintendo switch.
It doesn't even want to go to rcm with the jig right after sxos screen it goes to nintendo switch original firmware T__T
ah nevermind, i almost got a heart attacked. I think i was too nervous and pressed it too fast.
I just let it rest and tried it again, it back to atmosphere phew...

I still need to format my sd card & copy that back. i'll wait on my day off.

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No problem! Hope your able to get it sorted!
Hi, I just have a question.
I replaced the micro sd card with the new one, looks like everything was great then suddenly it happen again,
I just want to know once i load the RCM (mine via sx os) I go to option > payload > and this is the screen looks like.
And then I pressed the first one. Atmostphere FSSO EmuMMC

Is this correct?

Thank you.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-15 at 5.36.49 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-15 at 5.36.49 PM.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 37

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it is. I only use hekate for backing up and the tools. I boot straight to atmosphere without chainloading through hekate.

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure it is. I only use hekate for backing up and the tools. I boot straight to atmosphere without chainloading through hekate.
ah okay, thank you so much. I have no idea what caused this T_T luckily it is not all the time crashing.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I’m not sure! My intentions were not to lead you to purchase a new SD card if you didn’t need one. My apologies! I wiped my old card and did some tests and it has passed what I’ve thrown at it so far. I re-partitioned the old card and did a fresh install before upgrading to a new card and I had the same issue. With the new card I have not experienced the issue. I’m at a loss at what the issue could be. Maybe I will see the issue again as well.

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I’m not sure! My intentions were not to lead you to purchase a new SD card if you didn’t need one. My apologies! I wiped my old card and did some tests and it has passed what I’ve thrown at it so far. I re-partitioned the old card and did a fresh install before upgrading to a new card and I had the same issue. With the new card I have not experienced the issue. I’m at a loss at what the issue could be. Maybe I will see the issue again as well.
No, I think my old sd card is failing too. Because, i can't even format that it keep popping error. Not the new sd card, and I also noticed that 1st time i put it to sleep it will work when i turn it back on, the 2nd time I put it sleep it goes to crashed. so I am also curious what happened with 2nd time putting that to sleep :glare:

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone please help me, now everytime it goes on sleep...
it will crashed whether the switched docked or not.

I copied the latest error crash:

I am not sure what should i do with this :(

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone please help me, now everytime it goes on sleep...
it will crashed whether the switched docked or not.

I copied the latest error crash:

I am not sure what should i do with this :(

Since it works for a while and then starts failing again I think we can rule out a software setting…that’s pretty binary….it works or it doesn’t.

I‘m leaning towards something in the physical layer so let’s check that off In order of least to most painful.

1) test your SD card(s) with h2testw to make sure they are legit/working.
2) make sure your SD card reader is well seated.
3) take it in to a local electronics shop to have it looked at.

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since it works for a while and then starts failing again I think we can rule out a software setting…that’s pretty binary….it works or it doesn’t.

I‘m leaning towards something in the physical layer so let’s check that off In order of least to most painful.

1) test your SD card(s) with h2testw to make sure they are legit/working.
2) make sure your SD card reader is well seated.
3) take it in to a local electronics shop to have it looked at.
I'm sorry I don't understand, for the #3 is it referring to the whole nintendo switch with the dock?
Do I load that to CFW or OFW?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I don't understand, for the #3 is it referring to the whole nintendo switch with the dock?
Do I load that to CFW or OFW?
If there’s something wrong with the hardware you might need someone to take a look at everything to see if there are malfunctioning electrical components. I cant think of anything else that would behave like this from a software perspective…regardless of OFW/CFW. Sending it in to Nintendo for repairs would likely result in you getting back a V2 switch and yiu don’t want that.

Last edited by binkinator,

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there’s something wrong with the hardware you might need someone to take a look at everything to see if there are malfunctioning electrical components. I cant think of anything else that would behave like this from a software perspective…regardless of OFW/CFW. Sending it in to Nintendo for repairs would likely result in you getting back a V2 switch and yiu don’t want that.
ahh i see, I am trying to running on OFW. I want to try it this next few days to see if that's going to crash. If it is, i'll bring it to local electronic repair. just wondering if i bring it to there, should i just leave it as OFW right?
thanks.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh i see, I am trying to running on OFW. I want to try it this next few days to see if that's going to crash. If it is, i'll bring it to local electronic repair. just wondering if i bring it to there, should i just leave it as OFW right?
thanks.
Local electronics guy wouldn’t care one bit. Only Ninty would care and all they would do is ship you a working V2 and get another V1 off the street.

FWIW I’m reading a ton of Google articles where a switch not coming back from sleep has been a recurring theme. It could just be a thing with your switch…

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Local electronics guy wouldn’t care one bit. Only Ninty would care and all they would do is ship you a working V2 and get another V1 off the street.

FWIW I’m reading a ton of Google articles where a switch not coming back from sleep has been a recurring theme. It could just be a thing with your switch…
Hi, I just checked on this!!! OFW does not running any problem did not crash during sleep at all and not even laggy.
Duh that's means must be atmosphere CFW T_T something messed up with that doh T_T

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just checked on this!!! OFW does not running any problem did not crash during sleep at all and not even laggy.
Duh that's means must be atmosphere CFW T_T something messed up with that doh T_T
Thats good news. Did you test your SD card(s) to make sure we’re dealing with good storage?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yess!! 100% real, i tested that just now. everything works properly
So I guess the next best thing is to start with nothing.

clear an SD Card.

install just a basic Hekate and Atmosphere. No bells, no whistles, and build it back up to where you want with solid testing in between each addition until it starts happening again.

Hopey123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I guess the next best thing is to start with nothing.

clear an SD Card.

install just a basic Hekate and Atmosphere. No bells, no whistles, and build it back up to where you want with solid testing in between each addition until it starts happening again.
but my switch is migrate from xs os won't that be a problem?
Also, I took a photo on this tools section did i mess anything?
I believe i never mess with this area.

Also, is it safe for me to update the OFW via internet?

Thanks.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 3.51.06 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 3.51.06 PM.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: