Please Help Me, I think my switch might be bricked

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ZachyyC6, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ZachyyC6
    OP

ZachyyC6 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    United States
    Omg I found an old nand backup on my other computer, it's like 30 GB, does that sound right? What do I now?? Please help me!?

2. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    portugal
    Did you have any theme installed?

Kubez likes this.
  3. ZachyyC6
    OP

ZachyyC6 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    United States
    I did not

4. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    I'm not 100% sure on what you'll need to go about this, but that could very likely fix your problem if you know what firmware that backup was on, and your current fuse count. If you're sure the fuse count is 7, then that firmware will have to be 6.1.0 at the most to work. As a last attempt, you could try retrieving your PRODINFO and rebuilding your NAND for 6.1.0, again I'm not sure of what you'll need, just pointing in what I think is the best direction.

5. ZachyyC6
    OP

ZachyyC6 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    United States
    Well I think I'm doomed....I was restoring my nand via sx and I think my battery died before it finished.... now it won't turn on at all....ugghh

6. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Were you backing up or restoring from SX? Either way you should restore with Hekate, just charge your switch enough and Hekate should work even with a wrecked NAND.

Kubez likes this.
  7. astrodraco

astrodraco Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    United States
    Just for future reference, but you really shouldn't have even attempted this without having your Switch plugged in to a power source. Even if it were at 100%, it's never advised. I'm almost certain every guide everywhere on every platform mentions ensuring your Switch is plugged in. This is a goof up of the highest degree.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.