Hacking Please help me getting a n3d11.0 to hombrew

ramon19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please hear me out before saying the information I need is here already. first let me explain my 3ds was on 9.2(now on 11.0)and I was using menu to get to hombrew to use luna to get to my emunand. I also have powersave and lozoot but I only have my phone's tethering, so powersave can't go online. I tried browserhax but iptable didn't work I think my phone has to be rooted? so what is my best opinion and if I do find a way to hombrew will I still be able to get on my emunand? Is there a way to use powersave with tethering?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How is it that you can't go online with Powersaves? Surely you could use your phone's tethering to connect your computer to the internet, allowing you to use Powersaves to install oot3dhax.

For browserhax, you could try the workaround detailed here considering that you have a New 3DS on 11.0.0.

Other than that, the only other options are either Cubic Ninja or Freakyforms Deluxe.

Edit: Regardless, you'd be unable to get CFW back without doing a system transfer dsiware downgrade or a hardmod.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you happen to have a legit copy of Fieldrunners, Legends of Exidia, Guitar Rock Tour, or The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (Anniversary Edition), you either need a hardmod or a second 3DS to system transfer an exploited DSiWare game. There are no other options, currently, to get access to read/write to NAND or launch a CFW.

This is why A9LH is recommended, by the way.

https://3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade

Last edited by Cuphat,

ramon19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know why powersave don't notice the Internet Connection? anyone know a way I could fix this. BTW the tethering works on browsers meaning other programs don't recognize it ether and no firewall.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK I have another new 3ds on 9.2 with emunand with the most recent update, so can I do something with that? please help me.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK thanks one last question if I do this would I have to make a new emunand?
If you do this it will remove the necessity of having EmuNAND in the first place; you will be able to use CFW with an updated SysNAND. You'll have the option of moving your EmuNAND's data over to your SysNAND at the end of the guide.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

ramon19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so all the games I have on my emunand will now be on my sysnand? I'm sorry if I ask stupid questions. also on the guide it said to have a copy of steel driver but I can't get into store without updating?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK so all the games I have on my emunand will now be on my sysnand? I'm sorry if I ask stupid questions. also on the guide it said to have a copy of steel driver but I can't get into store without updating?
Please just read the guide. It says that you'll need to download Steel Diver on the Source 3DS.

ramon19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I still can't get into browserhax cause I can't find a way to block the website from my android's hotspot please help. iptables is not a choice cause my phone can't be rooted.

Last edited by ramon19,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK I still can't get into browserhax cause I can't find a way to block the website from my android's hotspot please help. iptables is not a choice cause my phone can't be rooted.
If you can't root your phone then your only options are to find another entrypoint or to find an internet connection where you can block conntest.nintendowifi.net from a router. I imagine you're still having issues with Powersaves?

ramon19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes powersave don't work the thing is I live in a very lonely area and hotspot is my only way to Internet. I'm so sad no way to proceed I was following the guide and everything was going smooth until i realize my target 3ds needs a way to get into hombrew. Excuse me for a second....

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Only if you've never seen the nag to begin with. If you're on 10.7 or 11.0 and you've seen the broswer nag at least once, you will need to block access via a router/iptables/whatever.
Router or not makes no difference, if you've seen the nag you're screwed (but I don't think this applies on the n3DS, on the n3DS you can block the nag even after it's appeared)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM