Please help me get my Smash working :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Selxis, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Selxis
    OP

Selxis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2007
    Hello everyone.

I've got a PAL Wii with Wiikey 1.9g and newest firmware (running on HDTV mode). I've got two extra channels for both the US update and the Japanese update - so I don't care for additional channels.

I've acquired the Super Smash Bros. Brawl.iso (Wizard) and I've burned it (using Imgburn) on a MediaRange DVD+R DL disc at speed 1.0x using Layer Break 2084960.
    I haven't modified the ISO in any way (by for example using brick blocker).

Now when I insert the disc into the Wii, it makes an unusual noise and then (sometimes) the Brawl logo loads up on the disc channel. When I enter the game, I can create a save file but when it comes to the first intro movie, the game locks up, stating that an error occurred.

Is there any other way to burn it, or method I should use?

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2. Selxis
    OP

Selxis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2007
    ...please? anyone? =/

...sigh.

3. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    Well i found that my wii wouldn't play the game without patching the main.dol through trucha. I think that it may be necessary for the games like this.

4. Selxis
    OP

Selxis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2007
    Thanks for the reply!

But did you try to burn it without modifying it? If so, did you get a green screen stating an error has occurred, like I did?

And I thought that some PAL people didn't have to screw around with trucha in order to get it to work? Ack, this is so confusing...

5. MelonSmasher

MelonSmasher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    I burned it with 4x speed and edited the main dol and removed the 001.

i didn't have the 001 error but i just removed it for sure.
    i'm also a pal user.

i suggest closing all programs when burning.

6. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I burnt it the first time without any changes and I got the game but with no images I could hear the menu changing selection. I then put it onto 50hz and it displayed but cut of the bottom part of the screen. I then just patched it to 60hz and it works fine, except for the screen flickering during the loading and wiimote safety tips.