Hacking Please help me get Monster Hunter Tri US NTSC running

bigant262

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
i cant seem to get it to load with 223 v4, in usb gx, but loads in cfg loader no problem
Hey I got it to work with usb gx, I just followed that one guys instructions saying to use atd and all that other stuff, and in usb gx I just put ios to 223, and put the 002 error to yes and vidtv patch to yes and it worked, well I got past the part where it normally freezes.

strict9gs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigant262 said:
GolfDude said:
i cant seem to get it to load with 223 v4, in usb gx, but loads in cfg loader no problem
Hey I got it to work with usb gx, I just followed that one guys instructions saying to use atd and all that other stuff, and in usb gx I just put ios to 223, and put the 002 error to yes and vidtv patch to yes and it worked, well I got past the part where it normally freezes.
i too have got this to work-reinstalling 223 ,with error 002 fix =YES, not anti.....thanks i will enjoy this one now, but i installed the CIOSBUGFIX,as recommended in an earlier post and somehow my hdd got erased.....good thing i backed up all my games on a separate hdd lol

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This runs just fine on the Wiikey just burn, install the update on the disc (I was on 4.2 and it still asked me to update but it turned out fine) and play.

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
davidnlta said:
try this

1. Download a copy of Softchip R99. There is 2 version of Softchip R99, the first one is .wad where you need to install it via wad manager and it works like a channel. While the second one is .dol version where you can launch it straight away from Homebrew Channel. So, I will use the second one which is .dol version because the compatibility is higher according to the developer and it works directly from Homebrew Channel.

2. Place the Softchip folder which contains the boot.dol and meta.xml and icon.png into SD:\apps\

3. Launch the Softchip from Homebrew Channel

4. Use the following settings to get your Monster Hunter Tri working.

Game’s Language: default
Patch Country Strings: Disabled
Set Video Mode using: Disc Region(default)
Autoboot: Disabled
Silent: Disabled
Logging: Disabled
Remove 002 Protection: Enabled
Fake IOS Version: Disabled:
Load Requested IOS: Enabled

Then Press A

5. The game should work properly. If the game is working then you should stop reading this. If the game is not working and the video freeze. Proceed to Step 6. Your IOS55 might have some problem.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if your Wii is bricked or what so ever when you install cIOS55BugFix. But it should install fine. Proceed if you dare!

6. Now what you need is a wad manager, download the latest version of wad manager and copy and paste it like how you did it for Softchip.

7. Google for cIOS55BugFix WAD. Download it and place it at SD:\wad folder.

8. Now go to Homebrew Channel and open up Wad Manager, follow the on screen instruction to install cIOS55BugFix.wad (if you don’t know how, google for instruction)

9. After installing it, go back to Softchip R99 and use the above settings to start the game. It should be working properly.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Keltz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidnlta said:
to anyone still having problems you need either Cios19 with ios37 as base or hermes with ios 37 as base jusy like the japanese version. Also i was able to change my name using CFG usb loader lastest rev with hermes 222 V4

Thank You! Working Fine Using Usb Loader GX. Had the wrong base set when I installed rev 19.

Naba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a weird issue.

When I try to play off a USB HDD the game locks up before it loads, but if I use a USB flash drive it runs perfectly. I tried the cfgusb loader and wii flow and they both give me the same outcome, I dont know if its because my HDD is partitioned but I can run every other game perfectly fine.

I'm on 4.2u
249 rev 19 (i think, i installed it but i can never figure out how to confirm it)
and i run the game using 222 with 37 and 38 merged or whatever the proper one is

Like i said off the flashdrive I can play it just fine, I would just like to not have to switch to between HDD and Flash Drive just because of one game.

I don't know what other info i can provide but any help would be appreciated.

(also this could be a temp fix or other people still having issues)

diego71102244

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for hijacking this thread, but i have a question, does this games works with sneek + di? i think sneek doesnt need any cIOS to be installed, in order to work, i could be worng though.

nysid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
RyoutaDDC said:
Is there a way to get this working with backup launcher gamma?

QUOTE(RyoutaDDC @ Apr 18 2010, 10:31 AM) Anyone know how to get this working on neogamma? i'm loading the game on the disc btw
with neogamma, u need cios 249 Rev 19 with ios37 as base ios

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh .. capcom's response to ppl getting the game early:

they shut down their online servers until tuesday for "maintenance"

heh

RyoutaDDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nysid said:
RyoutaDDC said:

QUOTE(RyoutaDDC @ Apr 18 2010, 10:31 AM) Anyone know how to get this working on neogamma? i'm loading the game on the disc btw
Thank you so much: Is there anyway i can rep you/thank you for your post?

Yeoman78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit :::

NVM : I reinstalled cIOS 249 Rev 19 using 37 and the game started working ... I dont think it was using IOS 223 even though I was setting that in the options ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting Monster Hunrer Tri ( the US NTSC version ) to run.

I have tried alot of what has been suggested here and I end up with the same result, After the CAPCOM logo I hit A to start the game ( single player not arena ) from the menu and the music locks up and just hums.

My specs are :

Wii Version 4.0E
USB GX Loader ( latest version updated using the auto updater in GX Loader.
Hermes V4 cIOS 222 38 merged with 37
Hermes V4 cIOS 223 38 merged with 37
Waninkoko cIOS 249 Rev 19 Network install.

The opitions I have turned on to start the game are :
Vidtv : ON
Error 002 : ON
Block Reload : ON

Any ideas ?

If I need to update my Wii from 4.0E to 4.2E is this the best guide to follow for Wii that is already bannerbombed http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 ?

Thanks

zelgadisgray

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RyoutaDDC said:
nysid said:
RyoutaDDC said:

Thank you so much: Is there anyway i can rep you/thank you for your post?

I softmodded my wii a long time ago and currenly using cios 249 rev 14, everything I tried with neogamma worked great to this point, but MH3 freeze :S
I forget how to install cios can someone direct me to some tutorials or something, I don't want to screw up trying stuff on my own...

thx

EDIT: ok nevermind I find it myself and it work great thx nysid!

tomthemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nysid said:
RyoutaDDC said:

using neogamma on 4.0

how do you use ios37 as a base ios? can i play my older games with ios37 as a base?

should i still patch the ios of the game to 249 before burning?

thanks!

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works for me with Wiiflow R25 + Ciosx R19 installed on IOS 37.

I'm still using WBFS...... maybe FAT32 isn't really compatible yet.

Been playing for 5 hours straight and haven't found any bugs or freeze anywhere.

I'm even playing the game in french (live in quebec here).

Great game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1