Hacking Please help me find a legit R4 in the UK

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, ive been reading fro many hours trying to get my friends clone R4 (R4i Gold upgraded revolution for DS v1.4) to work with no avail (only super old games work).

Now he and I are interested in purchasing a genuine R4 or similiar system but cannot find any reliable sources to purchase from. Ive found a couple of threads here but seem to be quite old and many of the sites are not available or will not ship to the UK.

The only promising site i have found is this:
http://www.r4ds.net

Real or Fake? As they offer good prices and free shipping to the UK.

Also i am totally confused with all the different versions of firmware and compatible systems.
I need a R4 (or similiar device) for my Original NDS and a DSi XL. From that site i have figured that i need a normal R4 DS and a R4i-SDHC V1.4.1 (red pack)

My DSi XL is v1.4.3, will the R4i-SDHC V1.4.1 be compatible? (i think there is an update but would like to make sure).

Or should i forget the R4 and get an M3 or Acekard or something else that is easier to get hold of (are they easier to find though?)?

pspunabletohack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Try to get a acekard2i
smile.gif

katrina0126

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,mine r4i gold 3ds card http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flash...-3ds-p-216.html is got form digitopz site,it is a truthy worth site,as i first got a wrong card,the seller explained that they had made a mistake then they resend me a genuine r4i gold card without paying fees,since i recieveed the cart,it works on my dsi console flawlessly,i love the aftersell service there.
yaynds.gif

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep thats the one that worked, but only really old games worked like NSMB. All other games ended up on a white screen. Mario Kart goes to white screen but i hear the first part of the audio.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
jasjeet said:
Yep thats the one that worked, but only really old games worked like NSMB. All other games ended up on a white screen. Mario Kart goes to white screen but i hear the first part of the audio.
Redownload and format your SD. Otherwise, yes, get an AceKard 2i.

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah already tried to format it a couple of times with the Panasonic SD Card format tool thing. Didnt make any difference. Ill try again now.

Ive bought to Acekard 2i's from lightake.com, hopefully i get them and all is well.

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to correct myself, the Retrogamefan YSmenu didnt work, it loaded but all games produced the error: unsupported DLDI.

I used some other firmware called R4 Revolution for DS v1.4 (appears as v1.33 in the menu) from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ called "R4-Pro r4-pro.com Latest: v1.4 Updated: 2009"

The PCB is the same as the fake version on this site:
http://r4-pro.com

Ok so got a bit further, i managed to install the firmware from that site, now my R4 Revolution for DS Menu is v1.35 (as it appears in the menu). But im not sure how to make Wood work. I copied it over after the firmware, it replaced one file, but then i get stuck on Loading screen when the DS autoboots the R4.

From the sticky i tried the secondary OS method, i patched the latest 1.36v of Wood and booted WoodR4.nds. It loads but the top screen remains white, the bottom screen is just 3 icons (SD card, Slot 2, Folder) no text or names.

So far i got NSMB, Lego Indiana Jones, Pokemon Ranger and GTA China Town Wars to work.
Pokemon Black, Mario Kart, Phantom Hourglass all white screen.

MicroSD is the Kingston SD-C02G 2Gb Taiwan.

I got Mario Kart to work after a format to FAT32 4096Bytes Allocation Size. GTA wont work now ^.^ also scrolling seems slower. Tried 16kb cluster, mario kart and NSMB still work GTA gets black top screen, white bottom screen.

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated fw from r4-pro site, but now all games just go to black screen with the text "Loading" and get stuck.

I tried the Wood from r4-pro site with as main OS, but that went to white screen.
I tried again but as secondary boot, but the Wood.nds came up as untitled and wouldnt launch.
I tried renaming the WoodR4 menu DAT file to the Moonshell one, but when i launched Moonshell i still got a white screen.
I formatted the SD card with SD Formatter tool, and put only the Wood Files from r4-pro site, still white screen.

Then i tried official Wood v 1.36 with Secondary Boot, it launches but no text and white top screen.

Any ideas guys?

Can a mod change the thread title to get some more help please?

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the fake card listed at r4-pro.com.
But they have Wood in their downloads so i would expect it to work, i think its slightly modded.

AlanJohn said this to me:
"The R4-pro is basically a fucked-up R4iDSN clone, especially its bootloader.
Since its flashable, it installs R4iDSNs internall-firmware by mistake.
This still doesnt mean that R4iDSN wood will work, since all of the other parts are made from cheap crap."

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actual web address is r4i-pro.com

However the website is down. But the PCB is the exact same as the fake version at r4-pro.com.
http://r4-pro.com/images/qf-j.bmp

The reason i scouted out R4-pro.com was because the first Kernal files that worked were from linfoxdomain - "R4-Pro r4-pro.com Latest: v1.4 Updated: 2009"

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i will try that.

I didnt buy the card, my young friend got it on holiday and asked me to see if i could get it to work 15euros, with legit Kingston 2Gb SD Card). I thought i may as well, but after grief i ordered 2 Acekard 2i's.

But i want to get it to work as AlanJohn has got it to work here.

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Formatted card with Windows Fat16 Default allocation size.
Copied the Wood R4idsn files, booted it. It just goes to Black screen with Loading text.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb