Hacking Please help me find a legit R4 in the UK

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Use Panasonic SD card formatter (just google it) and give it a try then (try only placing the Wood files on first).

Another thing to try is running the update patch first on the working kernel and running the specific www.r4-pro.com version of Wood (only at 1.30 but it may be different from the other versions of Wood out there).

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried the Panasonic SD Formatter, the R4iDSN wood 1.36 went to Black screen with Loading then got stuck.

The Wood 1.30 Pro files from r4-pro.com went to white screens.

I already ran the Firmware patch on the working Kernal i had installed before. However that meant that now the kernal couldnt play any games, they all went to black screen with loading text. This is why i hoped the 1.30 Wood on their site would work but it doesnt seem to want to.

Anything else you can think of?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
If r4-pro Wood, Official R4 Wood, and R4iDSN Wood do not work then I'm stumped. The only last thing I can think of is when you copy the Wood to the SD card you could try rather than just unpacking it all to the card, try unpacking to a folder on your PC and drag the _rpg folder and the _DS_MENU.dat and WOODR4.NDS individually. Sounds daft but sometimes that works when all else fails.

If that doesn't work then I'd buy a different cart. try www.xpertron.co.uk. They are not the cheapest but as they are based in the UK they are actually the quickest for delivery.

jasjeet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive ordered 2 acekards from lightake, im not in a rush to get it.

In the meantime i thought id have a crack at getting this one to work.

What i dont understand is, after flashing the new Firmware i cannot play any games through the old partially working Kernel, all games end up on a black screen with the loading text. Ive already tried to flash it again too. And there is no older version to rollback too.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I dread the price point.