Please help me before I blow my pretty little brains out.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by rdfallon, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rdfallon
    OP

Newcomer rdfallon Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello everybody, I have been going through posts left, right and center for the last hour and a bit on here so please don't flame me for what I'm about to ask (if it has been asked regarding my card). I have an R4 III SDHC card (this one - http://www.r4iiisdhc.com/) and despite trying just about everything I can possible think of and all differen't types of firmware/patched files etc etc. I cannot get Chrono Trigger (U or EU) to work, please can somebody point me in the right direction. Also please don't just tell me to get YSmenu, I have had nightmares with the auto and it just will not have it, I have yet to try fiddling with it manually but right now I just don't have the will to spend 30-60 minutes p*ssballing about with it. I just want this one game to work, please please please help me. [​IMG]

2. unknownworlder

Member unknownworlder GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Weird...I never saw a problem like this before. Try using the japanese version and see if that works, and if that doesnt work, try something that has piracy protection like phatasy star. If that doesnt work, try getting a new microsd or format your old one.

If all else fails, get a new flash cart.

3. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    You're complaining about spending an hour doing some on a flashcard that's basically useless IMO. R4III SDHC card is a CLONE of the authentic R4DS that I do have which I barely use ((Still hadn't beaten Chrono Trigger yet...))

From my advice I did too had trouble getting Chrono Trigger to work on the R4DS. What I did is I didn't use the YSmenu; that's garbage to me. I download some files called 'CT fix" put it inside my R4DS then put the Chrono Trigger rom inside my R4DS; you have to use a cheat called 'Piracy by-pass fix' that's very important!! Activate that cheat then see if you can play the game. Let's go through the steps again

1) Make sure you down a file called 'CT Fix' place it inside your R4DS; it's not a rom but a file.
    2) Before playing Chrono Trigger use a cheat called 'Piracy by-pass fix' and keep it ACTIVE.
    3) Hopefully enjoy your game.

4. rdfallon
    OP

Newcomer rdfallon Newbie

United Kingdom
    Cheers guys I will give it a go and let you know. I think I will end up getting myself a new flash card soon anyway, I'm just going to make sure I get an autherntic 'top dog' one this time rather than listening to my noob mates who recommended it.

@Canon, I had tried for 3 hours straight (when I said about an hour I was on about just going through posts not the overall time i'd spent trying to get the bugger going), and not for the first time I might add, to get it going, I was mentally exhausted after this so yeah, an extra hour would have creased me at that point. I do plan on having a crack on the YSmenu (manually) because if it's half as good as it's cracked up to be then it's happy days, I just couldn't bring myself to do it last night.

5. mewcuss

Member mewcuss GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hello Rd.
    Have you got the CT rom to work on your r4 card yet?
    If you haven't then you could try the action replay bypass code which is found on the cheat database located in the downloads section.
    Just drag and drop the database (usrcheat.dat or cheat.dat) into the '_system_' folder on the R4 card, then load up the card on your ds. Go to the Chrono Trigger rom and press 'Y' to enter the cheat section for the game. Press on the by-pass fix and then load the game.

I hope this works as I have an R4 and this is what I had to do in order to get chrono trigger working.
    I also used an untrimmed ROM.

6. rdfallon
    OP

Newcomer rdfallon Newbie

United Kingdom
    Oh thank god...... I finally got one working, a jap version which is strange because I had tried a couple of jap ones before with no joy but whatever IT'S WORKING! Huzzahh! Ty guys.

7. rdfallon
    OP

Newcomer rdfallon Newbie

United Kingdom
    Right forget the last post as I made a schoolboy error and spoke way too soon, it freezes up when Crono time warps at the carnival. This happens on both an untrimmed Jap version and an untrimmed US version with the cheat database enabled (not sure how it works on other cards but on my card I can only turn the database on, I can't select individual cheats but it must work as if it isn't on then they just won't load and I get the white screen of death). I have tried both a patched jap version and patched us version which both result in a WSOD, and I'm back to ripping my hair out as a result. Cannon, I have looked through all the download files for cheats/hacks etc for that CT fix and I cannot find it. I will give it a go but if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it, in the mean time while I try to restrain myself from getting a sledge hammer and smashing my card into a million tiny pieces.... any other suggestions would be warmly welcomed.

8. triplehelix

Newcomer triplehelix Newbie

United States