jaykjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi,

i have an o3ds with fw9.20. i followed the instructions on 3ds.guide and was able to install boot9strap and configure luma “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”.
Before i wanted to update the system, i saw that i already had an old version of fbi installed on nand and 3 black icons. Now i am insecure how to proceed. Will these black icons will interfere with the update?
The problem is that i can't start soundhax anymore. It crash dumps all the time. Also Homebrew Launcher does not start with the Download Play icon.
Do you have any advice how to proceed, without risking a brick?

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
Show a picture of these black icons, if you can?

How can you have an old version of FBI installed, if you never hacked the 3DS before?

jaykjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sorry i did not mention it before. i had it modified with the exploit before soundhax was found. themehax i think. i had an emunand. and for whatever reason fbi installed on sysnand.
at the current state in 9.2 i can start godmode and luma3ds config via select and power. so boot9strap seems to work. so far so good i think.
Is it safe to update the system now. or should i delete the titles with the black icons before updating the system? and the old fbi on sysnand?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And i can start homebrew launcher with the old fbi on sysnand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2017-7-3_21-5-6.png

i could identfy one as Instruction Manual CTR-N-HMVP, the other i don't know CTR-N-HCSP.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a NAND backup and try updating FBI. If you can do that, try installing TikSweep to try and get rid of the black icons, and if that gets rid of them, you can update if you want.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

jaykjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i made a nand backup and could delete some titles that removed some black boxes. only one black box left to identify.

jaykjay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hmm. the last one that is shown a black icon in fbi is 0004003000009902 CTR-N-HCSP "Camera applet used by Home-menu".
Damn. maybe i should not delete this. I think i'll try to update the system and see what happens. one black box does not bother me. hopefully it does not brick my system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: