Hacking please help in fixing bricked wii

Kevin578

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ran dop-ios and installed a patched version of ios60. then, there's a message saying the system files are corrupted. can someone please help me fix this? if it's any help, i have preloader installed, the homebrew channel, and a wiikey modchip.

more info: there is no health/safety screen, just the corrupted files message. also, the message is sorta pixelated, and doesn't load completely.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
re install preloader and it should go away.

Did you not read the instructions that came with the new dop-ios?

Marc has released Dop-IOS v6. Dop-IOS lets you download and install any IOS from Nintendo servers. You can also apply the trucha bug to them. Is there a brick risk using this? Yes, Any application that modifies NAND can brick your console. Be careful when you are going to 'dop' the IOS that your System Menu uses. A power cut during installation can brick your Wii. Also, don't try to 'dop' IOS60 if you are using Preloader, because you can get a brick.
Quote:
Features:
Download any IOS from Nintendo servers
Select between oldest version or newest version of any IOS
You can apply the signature hash check (trucha) again
You can also apply ES_Identify function patch to IOS36 (useful for AnyTitle Deleter and >3.4 users)
Protection: you cannot install stubs. You could get a brick if you install an stub IOS that your System Menu uses. If you want them, just update through Wii menu or disc.
Stores files on SD: you can reuse all your downloaded IOS with Dop-IOS or another application.
Shows your IOS versions
What's new?

- Added support for IOS57.
- Cleaner code.

Kevin578

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I missed that warning
frown.gif
sorry

but how do i reinstall preloader? i missed my opportunity to reinstall it after i quit out of dop-ios and turned off my wii. now, when i turn it on, it just displays that error message and i can't lauch the homebrew channel through the system menu. if i can boot into the homebrew channel, i can reinstall it. Is this still possible?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No problem.

A lot of people had the same problem when system menu 4.0 came out.

They installed 4.0 then preloader,then the patched ios60 to play vc/wii ware from sd.

When they should have installed the patched ios60 before installing 4.0

I did it as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.