Hacking Please help. I just did something really fucking stupid.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was repasting my xbox 360 and upon reassembly I accidentally inserted the dvd power connector upside down. The console it's self still works but now the dvd board is fried as seen in the image below. Is there anyway I can extract the key? or perhaps repair the board?
IMG_20201019_200758.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... not sure why you removed the cable from the board. if it's a phat (don't know what a slim looks like as I've never owned one), you can just detach the sata cables from the drive, leaving them intact on the board, and still repaste. I'm surprised that it let you put the cable in upside down. usually electronics won't allow that for this reason. iirc, the dvd cable is a 5V (on phats at least). @brickmii82 or @DinohScene might have a suggestion. I'm not sure. it's been years since I've opened up my system.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Replace the blown components, drive might be rescued that way.

Otherwise you can extract your DVD key from XeLL or 360 nand flash tool if you got the CPU key and a NAND dump.

Reactions: brickmii82

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another way would be if you have a NAND dump. someone on temp showed me this a few months ago, but it's called keyvault modder. it can use encrypted or decrypted kv from nand dump along with cpu key. it will show the dvd key in there. I can't recall how you extract the kv directly, but a google search should do it. I already had encrypted and decrypted versions of it on my pc.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc Jungleflasher has stock firmware so as long as you get the same drive board you should be able to Rgh the console and get the keys, revert back to stock, and program the DVD key and FW to the new board and just swap the boards but there’s a few wires you’ll have to solder

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo, it really depends on the board if it's worth doing any of this stuff. it'd be a definitely no if that's a xenon or perhaps any phat model really. 360s are so cheap now anyway. plus, you'd probably be spending almost as much just to get a working board as a working unit. the cheap ones usually have something wrong with them, so it would be like replacing a broken board with another broken board. if it were me, I'd just buy a new system. I strongly recommend an rgh if you're using a phat though, because you can manipulate the fan speeds or even create temp thresholds. my phat 360 actually runs cooler than my slim ps3.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm... not sure why you removed the cable from the board. if it's a phat (don't know what a slim looks like as I've never owned one), you can just detach the sata cables from the drive, leaving them intact on the board, and still repaste. I'm surprised that it let you put the cable in upside down. usually electronics won't allow that for this reason. iirc, the dvd cable is a 5V (on phats at least). @brickmii82 or @DinohScene might have a suggestion. I'm not sure. it's been years since I've opened up my system.
It's fucking keyed and I still managed to plug it in upside down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

imo, it really depends on the board if it's worth doing any of this stuff. it'd be a definitely no if that's a xenon or perhaps any phat model really. 360s are so cheap now anyway. plus, you'd probably be spending almost as much just to get a working board as a working unit. the cheap ones usually have something wrong with them, so it would be like replacing a broken board with another broken board. if it were me, I'd just buy a new system. I strongly recommend an rgh if you're using a phat though, because you can manipulate the fan speeds or even create temp thresholds. my phat 360 actually runs cooler than my slim ps3.
It's a fecking jasper.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a jasper is pretty good. I might keep that, so if you can rgh it, you can get the key. you need the cpu key and nand backup to get at the kv (where the dvd key will be). here's what that one app looks like:

upload_2020-10-19_14-52-30.png

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fucking keyed and I still managed to plug it in upside down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's a fecking jasper.
Don't feel bad, that is how I fried my xkey. It slid right in upside down like it belonged there. I saw the smoking and quickly disconnected it. Nothing looked burned but when I put it right the functions weren't there anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.