Hacking Please Help ... I am new to all of this...

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been trying set-up the DS Lite with M3 perfect movie player and the passcard3. I have tried using a SanDisk 4 GB and an ATP 128MB memory card both updated to v.31

All i get is the NDS screen

then the Passcard Screen

then the bottom screen reads :" Warning! Can not find Card. Please shut down and insert a Secure Digital card. Or press START to continue anyway."

So I press START and in Orange print it says " This Product is NOT sponsered, licensed or endorsed by Nintendo.

Then nothing!! The orange print remains on the bottom screen and the top screen is black.

Please can anyone help me. Do you think that either the passcard or the m3 player may be defective?

I have tried to install the update from 2 different computers and as I mentioned earlier I have tried 2 different SD cards.

Please Help me.
wacko.gif

Arly10

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try to play with the casing a bit, tighten/loosen as necessary and make sure your sd card is in tight. It's obviously a m3 problem since it's not detecting your sd card.

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info however I followed you advice
I loosened both screws
Then tightened one and left the other one loose and vise versa.

The only difference was a screen came up that said "Warning! Card has not been formatted. Please shut down and insert a formatted Secure Digital card.

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello again,

I tried to format the 128 mb card in FAT 16...the only options I had on my laptop were FAT or FAT 32. What is the difference? Anyways I formatted the SD card in FAT format and still nothing changed.
frown.gif

Thanks
Arly10

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the obvious problem here is that the m3 adapter is being stubborn in sensing your sd card. It could just be that the unit is defective. Sometimes playing around the casing to make sure the SD card contacts are good helps but sometimes you just have to return the product.

newbforlifes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say both cards updated to v31, what do you mean by that?
Also make sure you didn't use the CF update otherwise it's looking for an CF card not SD card now.

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I download the M3 Movie Player software from M3adapter.com they advise to update the firmware to version 31 (v.31).

Thank you everyone for your help...I also heard back from the supplier and he is saying that it is probably defective and for me to return it.

Is this a common problem or am I just lucky??
wink.gif

Arly10

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you are "lucky." I've never had a problem with any of the 4 m3 products I have (1 m3 sd perfect, 3 m3 lites). Haven't tried the pair of m3 simplies I hav yet though. Only time I had a problem with a m3 product was a g6 lite, but my old g6 3rd gens work fine to this date.

newbforlifes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You say both your cards are updated to v31. How do you update your cards if the M3 does not even detect it?

EDIT: Also is the Sandisk SDHC or what, because I've never heard of 4GB Sandisk SD. M3 can't use SDHC yet.

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe I'm not using the right terminology. I have downloaded the firmware off of m3adapter site (updated version v.31) My M3 came with a small disk with v.29. So I copied the updated file to my 4 GB SanDisk SDHC Memory card to update the M3 Movie Player.

I also tried this with my 128 mb APT memory card ... with the same results.

My sister is trying to help me. She has managed to get two out of three working. So I think we are doing it right.

So are you telling me that the M3 Perfect Movie Player w/ Passcard 3 will not operate with the SanDisk 4GB SDHC Memory Card? If this is correct is there an adapter that you can recommend for the DSLite that will?

Arly10
smile.gif

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thanks for the info.

I am going to buy a new SD Card referring to the info that you sent me.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thx
Arly10

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The M3 has never recognized the update on the SD Card or anything else.
Perhaps I'm not doing this right.

Help
Arly10

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you should have a problem with the sandisk card you have, that's a common card and I don't think m3's had problems with any sandisk cards (other than some speed issues). But no you haven't updated your system yet because the update file you put on your m3 will be read when it recognizes your card and asks you to update.

Arly10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, were getting closer. I just bought a Transcend 1 GB SD Card from town and paid $54.99 (yikes desperate).

Anyway it updated and now it works!!!!!!!!
grog.gif

However my SanDisk 4GB SDHC still will not work. I formatted it with FAT and still nothing.
Any ideas about that.

Which Adapter would you recommend for the DSLite? Now that I got it to work with all of your help. I would like to modify one more.

If you recommend another model that might work with a 4 GB card then I would order that one.

All help apprecieated.
biggrin.gif

Thanks
Arly10

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a m3 perfect, the best proven card back then was the a-data 4 gig 150x card. But feel free to check the m3wiki compatibility link posted earlier in this thread @ www.m3wiki.com to make sure. Didn't know sandisks weren't compatibile, been using them in all my m3's and hasn't been a problem.....perhaps you have a magical sandisk. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1