midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EEEEK

I have had my wii hacked since Janaury. It's my girlfriend's kids wii. I don't remember the specific steps I took to doing it I just know it worked. I did it from here.

Well reading the main page I saw that the shopping channel needed an update in order to work and it could be done through MMM. I also wanted to do the camera through USB thing.

Hastily. I loaded MMM onto the sd card...loaded it through homebrew and went to manage ISO.

I first chose the ISO56 and chose A to every selection that it asked (probably dumb I know.)
It installed it

I then went to ISO58 which looks like it was never installed before. I again chose A (yes) to the questions and it also installed.

I went to the shopping channel and it asked for system update still so I turned off the wii and back on and ...............

ARGH

I get a screen that says

Exception (DSI) occurred! followed by a bunch of codes like... GPR00 00016E0 GPR08 GRP16 etc etc

then a break and STACK DUMP:
81049150 --> 810490c0 etc etc

a break and then

CODE DUMP:

with more of hte same numbers as above.

what did I do and is there a way to fix it? If I can't get past this screen I don't know what I can do if anything. I do have my original Wii keys and nand.bin.

Thank you guys! I only have 5 hours before they get home.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try starting the wii by holding reset and power on to open priiloader (assuming you have it installed).
I think from there you can start HB Channel and then bootmii (copy onto the SD card first)
Then you could restore your nand.bin.

But there are probably better solutions

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it did bring me to the priiloader menu. Is there a way to just revert back to the original ios' I had installed and be done with this error insteead of restoring NAND?

I can still access my games and play and everything. Just not sure why that menu is coming up. Can someone tell me how to properly update ios56 and add ios 58. Maybe that will iron out the error.?

TIA

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the easiest thing for you to do is to download NUS auto downloader, which is a free program for your PC. The program will automatically download the ios files for any firmware version. Just make sure you choose the correct firmware and region when prompted by the program. It also produces a simple guide as to the proceedure for installing the ios files. Just follow that guide and you will install all fresh ios's and a new system menu. Then your problem will be solved, most likely.

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've narrowed down the problem.

When I turned my wii on. (been awhile since it's been used) a message came up asking if I wanted to update the homebrew channel. I said yes.
Ever since then. I got the error screen when first turning on.

I see in Priiloader that homebrew channel is set to autoload and at the bottom of the priiloader screen it says file is not installed or something like that. I set autoboot to system screen and it loads up to that screen just fine. No error.

So is there something else (like an IOS update) or something I need to do to go along with the new homebrew channel?

FYI.

The homebrew channel launches from when I choose it from the system menu.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand correctly, you cannot access the homebrew channel via priiloader. If you can't access the homebrew channel through priiloader, you should fix this issue incase your system menu ever bricks. I think the guide from nus autodownloader includes installation of the homebrew channel if needed. So I would still try the guide and see if it fixes your issues.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newest homebrew channel is currently incompatible with priiloader, this is because homebrew channel had to change it's title to avoid being deleted by Nintendo for the 4.3 update.

You can either set priiloader to load up the default system menu, or you can reinstall the older version of the homebrew channel untill a new version of priiloader is released.

This has absolutely nothing to do with any of the IOS you installed or in trying to get the shop channel to work.

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand any of what you just said. SOrry. I have an old version of Priiloader. Loaded it when I hacked my wii back in January. There is a new version of priiloader out. Should I update to that?

Well I just updated Priiloader

It nwo says v0.4

however I still cannot have it autoboot to homebrew channel which it used to do before I udpated the homebrew channel.

An error message at the bottom says

autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?

Whatever that means?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, update Priiloader. Also, I would reinstall IOS56/57/58 with NO PATCHES. There really isn't any need for patching those IOSes anyway. At the very least you must reinstall IOS58 without patches for HBC to run properly. Once you've done that, reinstall HBC (if you've already updated you'll probably have to manually download the HackMii installer and do it that way). HBC runs on IOS58 and it requires an unpatched IOS.

Edit: The problem autobooting HBC has already been explained. It's because they had to change their title ID because 4.3 blocks the old ID. Priiloader 0.4 is still looking for the old ID and not finding it. If you want to try running the latest Priiloader 0.6 beta it's fixed, but it's also a beta. Otherwise just autoboot to the SM.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want to use the beta version of Priiloader and would like to wait until it is officially updated, and you still would like to autoboot the latest HBC, download and install this HBC Forwarder Channel. Understand that if you have SM 4.3 and do not have the Prilloader No-Delete HAXX, JODI, DVDX, DISC, DISK, RZDx Patch applied, the Wii will automatically delete the forwarder channel on you.

-[]D

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
If you don't want to use the beta version of Priiloader and would like to wait until it is officially updated, and you still would like to autoboot the latest HBC, download and install this HBC Forwarder Channel. Understand that if you have SM 4.3 and do not have the Prilloader No-Delete HAXX, JODI, DVDX, DISC, DISK, RZDx Patch applied, the Wii will automatically delete the forwarder channel on you.

-[]D

Where does this forwarder.dol file go? Into apps?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From mauifrog's post in this old thread here.

QUOTE said:
Just extract HBC-Forwarder.zip to sd:\
Hold reset, boot the wii into priiloader
click load/install
Install the HBC-Forwarder.dol
Go to priiloader settings
set autoboot to installed file and return to installed file
Now prelaoder/priiloaer will boot HBC 1.08/1.07, jodi, haxx via the forwarder
-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.