Please help - green screen after changing video settings in VBAgx (GBA emulator)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dandandan, Feb 3, 2015.

1. dandandan
    OP

dandandan Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2012
    My friend asked me to hack his wii for him, and it was going swimmingly. I downloaded all the IOSs, set up the USB loader, installed some WADs, and put some emulators and roms on there the keep him happy.

But then, I was briefly playing Yoshi's Island in the GBA emulator (VBAgx) and noticed it was a bit laggy, so I thought I'd tinker with the VBAgx video settings. I changed the resolution to PAL (50Hz) and the screen just went green. No worries, I thought. But when I reset the console, the screen stayed green. I even tried to boot into Priiloader but it wouldn't let me. I'm really shocked. How could such a simple change to one piece of homebrew totally brick the system???

I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? I'm really freaking out. I'll probably have to give him my Wii to make up for it :-(

2. dandandan
    OP

dandandan Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2012
    Okay, sorry, crisis averted. I dug out the old VGA connector and managed to change the settings back. I was connecting through a Wii2HDMI adapter and it must not have liked the video setting I switched to. Nevertheless, it's scary how that little setting in one game on one piece of homebrew can lock down the whole system. It wasn't even an emulator-wide setting. Just a single, game-specific setting.

I think I'll hurry and get this finished before I really do break it, haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice