Homebrew Please help - green screen after changing video settings in VBAgx (GBA emulator)

dandandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend asked me to hack his wii for him, and it was going swimmingly. I downloaded all the IOSs, set up the USB loader, installed some WADs, and put some emulators and roms on there the keep him happy.

But then, I was briefly playing Yoshi's Island in the GBA emulator (VBAgx) and noticed it was a bit laggy, so I thought I'd tinker with the VBAgx video settings. I changed the resolution to PAL (50Hz) and the screen just went green. No worries, I thought. But when I reset the console, the screen stayed green. I even tried to boot into Priiloader but it wouldn't let me. I'm really shocked. How could such a simple change to one piece of homebrew totally brick the system???

I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? I'm really freaking out. I'll probably have to give him my Wii to make up for it :-(

dandandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, sorry, crisis averted. I dug out the old VGA connector and managed to change the settings back. I was connecting through a Wii2HDMI adapter and it must not have liked the video setting I switched to. Nevertheless, it's scary how that little setting in one game on one piece of homebrew can lock down the whole system. It wasn't even an emulator-wide setting. Just a single, game-specific setting.

I think I'll hurry and get this finished before I really do break it, haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: