ROM Hack [Please help] Extracting sound files

Levi Factor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been desperately trying to obtain the jp voice files for fire Emblem fates, and the only thing I could ever get were the my room voices. I really would like to have the 800 other voice clips from all the other characters for creating themes in the future. I have researched every day for about a month now, and I still cant figure it out. I did braindump on my fates special edition cia (jp) got a rom fs and an exe fs. I used ctrtool to get the files within them, but again, I could only find the my room files. My theory is that they are in the file IRON15_sound.bcsar, but I cant figure out how to get the sounds out of them. I used Team fails cwav dumper v.5 and got what seems to be all of the files I need, but none of them work on my foobar with vgmstream. Did I do something wrong here? Is there an extra step to using vgmstream with foobar? Someone please help I'm literally pulling my hair out over this. Thanks

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
BCSARs usually don't contain voice samples, really. You sure you've searched the whole romfs?
What are the files you got anyway?

Levi Factor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BCSARs usually don't contain voice samples, really. You sure you've searched the whole romfs?
What are the files you got anyway?
54a2008f63.png
511c3b6c5f.png

This is the contents of the "sound" folder. The other picture is whats in the stream folder, but the rest of it is more map songs and the my room voices. That's why I'm pretty sure its in the Iron15_sound.bcsar
Team failscwav dumper v.5 ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-cwav-dumper.361437/ ) extracts bcwav files from iron15, but both foobar and winamp on vgmstream can't open and play them. So I'm really lost here. I've found some other threads looking for these files, but I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere :(
-Edit- Oh yeah and I know that the voice files MUST be in the sound folder because the undub patch files mirror exactly what I posted.

Last edited by Levi Factor,

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Doesn't the US version have removed lines? It would be within the code be able to add the removed ones back in addition to keeping all the old ones.
I guess you guys will find out once I upload the samples.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it