Hacking Please help debug cios_usb2 and usbloader.

kwiirk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have a game that freeze more or less reliabily, and a usbgecko, you can help me debug my usb driver.

use yal.dol or usbloader.dol given in this archive.

- You can use the special wiiload version I use to easily get the log.
usage:
wiiload yal.dol RMCP01

This will load mariokart using yal, and then print the usbgecko log, as well as saving it on your harddrive as yal.dol.log

- or launch either loader with usual method, and get the log by connecting to your gecko with your usual log tools.

These versions of the loaders are specially made to load ios223 if usbgecko is connected. Else, it will load ios222
cios_installer.dol included in the archive installs that cios 223.
This is a special version of my cios_usb2 with usbgecko logging capabilities. Source available if you ask kindly on my mail.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmyj1ju2oud

Please report freeze bugs with logs and harddrive description at [email protected]

Edit:
If you dont have usbgecko, but are experiencing freeze, and are interrested in helping,
please write me a mail. If there are enough credible people, I'll write a cios that logs into SDCard.
Dont expect it to write file in fat filesystem. You'll have to retrieve the log by using raw sdcard access utily like 'dd' on linux.
And your SDCard original data will be corrupted.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
that's a nice project mate. but i guees that they should report here.
this way, you won't get spammed with several times the same report (users will check if the error has already been reported) and you/we can all benefit from suggesting ideas or fixes.

just my 2 cents though.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would love top help, but have no usbgecko. There are many games that reset to wii menu (IOS reloading games?) other then that everything works great for me on my HDD

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I guess there is not much gecko os owners out here...

Could dumping to sd card or into a dummy iso in the wbfs filesystem be an option here? That way possibly you'll get lots of responses.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
I guess there is not much gecko os owners out here...

Could dumping to sd card or into a dummy iso in the wbfs filesystem be an option here? That way possibly you'll get lots of responses.

I think theoretically it would be possible to write debug output to wbfs. The problem is that kwiirk is searching for freezes, and i think most freezes are because of wbfs/usb connectivity problems. Hmm but in general i would like to have a debugger that doesn't require additional hardware.

kwiirk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you dont have usbgecko, but are experiencing freeze, and are interrested in helping,
please write me a mail. If there are enough credible people, I'll write a cios that logs into SDCard.
Dont expect it to write file in fat filesystem. You'll have to retrieve the log by using raw sdcard access utily like 'dd' on linux.

Snahrck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Kwiirk,

Ive seem your CIOS_usb2 project (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_usb2) and I was ondering if I can use it to make a webcam driver + software project. What do you think?
Can you point me to some documents/forums/tools/people that may help me on this project?

Thanks in advance!

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a USB Gecko, I can help.
smile.gif

Do I need a specific region of Mario kart?
I have PAL.

On both Disc, and USB. (WBFS)

--

RMCP01
I see, PAL.
smile.gif

I don't have a game that does freeze really...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer