Please help: Cell Phone data plans on Europe

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by lokomelo, Feb 7, 2013.

Feb 7, 2013
  1. lokomelo
    OP

Member lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    There is a lot of Europeans here on temp, so I'll ask you something outside gaming.

I'm going to a business trip on April to Lisbon (few hours), Nice (one day) and Monaco (around 7 days). I'll need to send a lot of data to Brazil during this time, so I'll need a data plan there.

I've never been to Europe, so if anybody here lives in Europe and know good data plans for one week, please help me! (I dont know even the carrier names there).

The data plan must be apple compatible, do not need to be fast, and need to be cheap. I'll send around 250 mb of data during this time, but I'll have wifi on my hotel, so I'll use the data plan only during the day, at night probably I'll use the wifi.

Prepaid plans is a good idea on my case right?

Thank you in advance.

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    If 250MB is all you need, just get pre-paid SIM cards - it's going to be a zillion times cheaper than Roaming and the providers here have great 3G plans - all you need is an unlocked phone and you're set (preferably one you can connect to your PC and use as a modem).

3. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    In Portugal you have TMN's Mosh prepaid card, if you buy one of their SIM cards (they cost roughly 2.50€ to 5€) and then charge it with 10€, you get a 1GB of data plan for a month, and you still keep the 12.50 or 15€ to do all the calls you need... However that's Portugal only, you'd have to pay for roaming if you used it elsewhere IIRC.