Hacking please help. cant install starpatch 4.1

tommitek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have a japanese wii, with 4.1J firmware installed, homebrew channel enabled, bootmii installed, i can play my game backups etc etc. i have tried to install starpatch4.1 for the japanese console. i choose it from the homebrew channel, load it. it starts but then says

"getting file size... ERROR : -4

returning to loader"

anyone have any ideas of why this may be happening? anyway to help me be able to install starpatch on my console

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
ciao

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure you have the right version for your system? I mean USA/Japan.

If I rememer correctly, the initial release was only for PAL and NTSC USA, but that could very well be wrong.

And if I am right maybe they have released one for japan since then.

Start there. Also I think you have to have cIOS 249 and ios 36 not trucha bug fixed. Got that from the readme in the US version, but it is a bit hard to read.

tommitek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there. cheers for the response. i downloaded startpatch 4.1 for the japanese console (it has been released). also the truchabug fixes have all been done as per the "simplistic mod guide - a must for all newbies" which is stickied on this forum...

but still... no donut

Posts merged

hey there, i just re-read your post.... did you say i need to have ios249 and ios36 not trucha bug fixed?....

if i have truchabug fixed them, how would i go about unfixing them?...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn