Please help an NDS noob

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Westside, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007

Please help an NDS noob by Westside at 12:51 AM (1,014 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I wanted to get an NDS flashcard recently. I've herd great things about R4DS, M3 and Supercard. I am, however, a complete noob and first timer in this Flashcard area. For a starter which one should I buy? [​IMG]

2. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I would say R4 based on personal experience, or Cyclo based on the good things I've heard about it.

M3 always gets its updates after R4. And I've yet to hear "great things" about Supercard (expect from people I don't trust).

3. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    R4, but a Cyclo is good too. R4 is simple to use, and skinnable. Good first time cart, IMO.

4. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Thanks everyone, I'll get an R4 first. Oh and are Kingston SD cards do-able?

5. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Yup, Sandisks freeze and slow down on certain games, like Castlevania.

6. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
  7. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Fixed, M3 Real has nothin to do wit the R4 [​IMG] If you just put M3 he'll get confused.

8. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Make sure that it is a Japanese Kingston microSD you buy and not one made in Taiwan. If you buy the Taiwanese microSD then you may as well have bought a Sandisk, or even an OEM! [​IMG]

9. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    These "Which should I choose?" threads are getting really old. Just research the different carts, man. ;\ But anyway, in my (and pretty much everyone else's opinion) R4DS is the best. As for memory cards, Kingston are usually extremely cheap & good.

10. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    ...Ur pretty mean... :'( The thing is I did the research and it seems that people have 500 different opinions. Some sites says R4 is the best some say M3. Even with all that research not sure what to get. However, I would like something that's most popular among tempers... I was just wondering.

11. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Nothing wrong with supercard either. IMO I wouldn't recommend the old model R4, if at all wait for the sdhc model, which is probably where they'll fix alot of problems.

The worst thing about R4 is probably Games requiring arm7 fixes, and there hasn't been an update in ages.

12. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Since v1.11 of the R4 loader there are only 2 games that I see people having a problem with - Worms 2 is one of them and the other is a Japanese game that not many people know even exists I'm sure. Out of 1600some titles that isn't bad I'd say. arm7 fix Worms 2 and then forget the arm7 fix exists at all!