Hacking Homebrew Please guide me guru's :)

Friction Baby

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a PSP and I think it is a phat and it came with FW 3.51 ( I bought brand new from walmart ), My question is I am completely new to the PSP scene and need guidance on what I need and need to do to start my journey?

Guru's please guide me
smile.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go to either the Maxconsole forums or pspupdates forums, tonnes of info there on how to downgrade your PSP and then install a custom firmware.

Then with a decent sized memory stick you can be on your way to playing PSP ISOs, PS1 ISOs, SNES, Genesis, GBA, NES, tonnes of homebrew and heaps more!

Have fun!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will find everything you need on forums such as Maxconsole or PSPISO. Basically to downgrade 3.51 you will need a Pandora's battery, which can be made from a memory stick and official battery. As far as I know, this is the only way to downgrade a FW 3.5+

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am thinking about returning it to walmart and picking up one off ebay with 1.5 fw on it what do you think?

Do a little bit of research first, I seem to recall you can downgrade if you buy an older copy of lumines that has an exploit in it. I can't check for you though since all those type of pages are blocked at my work.

I'm only saying to do that first as you may save yourself some time and money, but it's up to you.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the 2.81 FW hard to work with?

2.81 firmware is easier to work with if you can get a copy of certain unpatched psp UMD games. Your first option is to get hold of GTA LCS (unpatched old version with the 2.0 update on it) and then upgrade your PSP to the official firmware v3.03 then use Team Noobz 3.03 downgrader and your GTA LCS to downgrade it to 1.5 firmware or upgrade to official firmware 3.50 and use an old unpatched copy of Lumines to downgrade to 1.5. There is also a 3.11 Downgrader but that also requires Lumines.

The other option is to have someone create a Pandora Memstick and battery for you and then use that to downgrade or purchase a battery and use one of the Pandora GUI's to create the memstick on your PC.

Friction Baby

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I got the PSP with FW 2.81 the other day later that night after 3 hours of reading I created a Pandora battery and magic memory stick and set the FW to 1.50 then updated it to 3.40 OE-A and I am in the homebrew scene
smile.gif

Thanks
FB

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how did he do that ?

Well you need someone with a phat psp running custom firmware and then you need to run a few programs to transform their battery into something called "pandora battery" you also need to do the same with a memory stick. So then after doing all of that you put the pandora battery and the memory stick into the new psp (the one thats not running custom firmware) Then it should turn on by itself and all you have to do then is press X the psp is now on custom firmware. You can also return the battery and memory stick back to normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.