Hacking Please give me a summary of what I need to do with my specific case (EmuMMC)

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have Atmosphere in my Switch (current version: 8.0.1 (AMS 0.8.10)) and I haven't keep up with the scene since June of last year and I want to create an EmuMMC (I understand I need 2) I have a clean Backup Boot0, Boot1, rawnand.bin and Keys of My 4.1.0 firmware. So I need to know the steps to have EmuMMC on the latest firmware.

I assume that I need to restore my Nand backup in order to create a clean EmuMMC, so a list of steps to accomplish EmuMMC would be nice, Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

I think it's just a simple case of restoring your clean NAND backup and making emuNAND from that.

This guide should have everything you'll need - https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

As for the latest firmware, either update your sysNAND first before making emuNAND, or update emuNAND to the latest version using choidujour.

Last edited by ,

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's just a simple case of restoring your clean NAND backup and making emuNAND from that.

This guide should have everything you'll need - https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

As for the latest firmware, either update your sysNAND first before making emuNAND, or update emuNAND to the latest version using choidujour.

Thanks for replying, my understanding is that some people create 2 EmuMMC's, one for online and one for offline, should I just repeat the "Create EmuMMC step" twice or am I supposed to do it differently?

Another thing should I still make a Nand Back up or will the one I already have serve the same purpose?

For restoring Nand Backup do I need to downgrade the Switch's firmware back to 4.1.0 (the firmware when I made the backup) or do I just restore?

Again thanks for your help.

Last edited by ROYGES,
D

Deleted User

Thanks for replying, my understanding is that some people create 2 EmuMMC's, one for online and one for offline, should I just repeat the "Create EmuMMC step" twice or am I supposed to do it differently?

Another thing should I still make a Nand Back up or will the one I already have serve the same purpose?

Again thanks for your help.

Is your Switch unpatched or ipatched? If it's unpatched, the version of your OFW doesn't matter, in which case you wouldn't need multiple emuNANDs. But if it's ipatched, you'd have to keep OFW on the current version and make 2 emuNANDs - a clean one for going online and another for whatever else.

Your current NAND backup will be fine to use if it's clean and the same version as your OFW.

Check out this thread for making multipe emuNANDs https://gbatemp.net/threads/multipl...restoring-a-clean-nand-for-online-use.562188/ I'm not sure if the previous guide I linked shows how to make multiple emuNANDS as I've only hacked unpatched Switches, and have never need more than one emu.

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your Switch unpatched or ipatched? If it's unpatched, the version of your OFW doesn't matter, in which case you wouldn't need multiple emuNANDs. But if it's ipatched, you'd have to keep OFW on the current version and make 2 emuNANDs - a clean one for going online and another for whatever else.

Your current NAND backup will be fine to use if it's clean and the same version as your OFW.

Check out this thread for making multipe emuNANDs https://gbatemp.net/threads/multipl...restoring-a-clean-nand-for-online-use.562188/ I'm not sure if the previous guide I linked shows how to make multiple emuNANDS as I've only hacked unpatched Switches, and have never need more than one emu.

It is unpatched, I guess I was thinking about keeping the fuse count low (at 4.1.0 OFW) and then have 2 EmuMMC one for online and one for whatever else.

The fist guide you linked doesn't mention the process for 2 EmuMMC, I'll check the other one.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
If I were you I'd keep your clean up to date sysnand for online and just one emummc for offline.

If your switch is unpatched there isn't really a reason to keep your sysnand on "the lowest version possible", I mean, why?

Even if your emunand is clean you're kind of still running cfw to launch it so Nintendo could eventually track you.

Also, be mindful to activate plane mode before creating the emunand, or you'll go online with your emunand when it's done, and you don't really want that.

Last edited by Zkajavier,
Reactions: Lightyose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat