What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, searched for around 10 hours, no joke, on the internet and google and am still at a loss. I decided to come to GBATemp so the good ole' gbatempers might be able to help me out. Please, I am very very tired of searching and my eyes are almost bloodshot if you can please help me out. :'(

So I have this unmodded gamecube and was wondering how to burn some brew, particularly emulators on it.

Here's what I have:
mini DVD-R discs. I was told no other kind of DVD disc would work. Only R. Not +RW or -RW.
Nero 8 Trial Edition. I was told this is the best way to burn my .dols for gamecube on to my discs.
.dol files/brew, I got snes9x, media player for gamecube, nes for gamecube, and other emus and goodies.
Gamecube. Duh. >_>

So now I need some help from you guys PLEASE!

How exactly do I use Nero to burn brew onto my discs and get it so that it works with gamecube? Thank you guys so much in advance. I am sure someone on GBATemp can help me. Please.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With a totally unmodded cube , you don't. You need some sort of extra hardware , chip or something like the max drive pro which can load dol files.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With a totally unmodded cube , you don't. You need some sort of extra hardware , chip or something like the max drive pro which can load dol files.
Hmm. This is a disappointment. Are you sure because I thought that the gamecube can play DOLs unmodded through discs, SDLoad, PSOLoad, and max drive pro.

So the gamecube doesn't recognized burned discs? Man, this is a disappointment. Well, what is the cheapest way to get brew on the cube. I am not getting a expensive chip.

PS: Anyone want to comment? I just want to be 100% sure that I can't do this before I realize that all my downloading and research on burnable gamecube discs has completely gone to waste. :'(

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Hmm. This is a disappointment. Are you sure because I thought that the gamecube can play DOLs unmodded through discs, SDLoad, PSOLoad, and max drive pro.

So the gamecube doesn't recognized burned discs? Man, this is a disappointment. Well, what is the cheapest way to get brew on the cube. I am not getting a expensive chip.

PS: Anyone want to comment? I just want to be 100% sure that I can't do this before I realize that all my downloading and research on burnable gamecube discs has completely gone to waste. :'(

IS it really that exensive? i thought you could gat a max drive for $50 on ebay now... if that's expensive for u then idk because I thought thats pretty good for what essentially is a modchip

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought you could get a xenoGC chip for under $10 for a good while now? Not including shipping natually.

And no, you cannot just burn a disk and expect it to work with just an unmodded gamecube. There is more to it than that.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

IS it really that exensive? i thought you could gat a max drive for $50 on ebay now... if that's expensive for u then idk because I thought thats pretty good for what essentially is a modchip
I checked all this already. No max drive pro can be found on ebay. I meant expensive mod chips like viper and qoob. Not things like max drive pro. I can't find max drive pro anywhere.

But that aside, what about the burnable discs? Is it impossible to play them without some other product?

EDIT: Dang. So there goes my research, ill done apparently but still time wasted.
Ashura, what is this xenoGC? I only heard about the qoob and viper.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I checked all this already. No max drive pro can be found on ebay. I meant expensive mod chips like viper and qoob. Not things like max drive pro. I can't find max drive pro anywhere.

But that aside, what about the burnable discs? Is it impossible to play them without some other product?

Yes impossible without some other product. To get burned discs going on a unmodded cube , you need to load gcos , which isn't possible without something else.

I think using phantasy star and the bba you can load the gcos dol across the network , then go from there , but that would require buying the bba and pso.

Unless you already have them , but you never listed it in original post.

Not sure about sd load , but that requires the sd adapter , which again is extra hardware

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice guys.

And yes, I have PSO. And my friend has a BBA. Maybe I can borrow from him.

ONCE AGAIN GBATEMP SAVED ME! Thanks again.

Ok, is this a good plan of attack? Get either an SD Media launcher somehow or this xenoGC chip that Ashura is talking about. Both will let me get brew going on th cube right?

So one last question, where to get either cheap?

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With a unmodded Game Cube, you are unable to play games even if you transfer them. The game cannot/will not be read. The modded ones with the chips has the tool to read the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.