Homebrew Please forgive my ingnorance but it just ain't working

peskypurple

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

If anyone can help my it would be very much appreciated. Okay, so my wii was TP hacked and now I have the HB and Backup channels. I wanted to see about loading some .wads but I can't seem to get it working. I've tried wad installer, wad manager and... I forget what else cuz I'm at work now. Anyway, I follow all the directions to a tee as far as the sd formatting and making sure the files are in the proper directories. When I run HBC and load my apps all the apps appear on the SD card... just remember the 3rd was Geckos... but when I select an app to run I get the message,"this is not a valid wii application"

I then read from somewhere that I might need to convert my .elf files to .dol files and I used the elf-dol converter and any apps that I have on my SD card that are .dol files are recognized by my homebrew. When the HBC reads the sd card it does not show any of the .dol files. Please, please help me out, I've been trying to figure this out all weekend and I finally brokedown and decided to just ask for some help.
wacko.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

My wii is upto 3.3u.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
but when I select an app to run I get the message,"this is not a valid wii application"
yeah use the automatic or command prompt verion etc, it should convert and be named boot.dol
Have you got your apps in a folder named apps on SD card, e.g. \apps\geckoOS
also wads, need to be in a fodler on root of SD like apps but named wads on Root SD
now try
smile.gif
does that help?

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
>>oops sorry l misread your problem l did not realize that you've already converted all of your ELFs to DOLs.
I agree with djdynamite123 it sounds like you may have the directory structure of your SD card screwed up , or perhapse it's not formatted as FAT?

Just as a quick follow-up... sounds like what you need to do is convert your files from ELF to DOL format just as djdynamite123 suggested above.

Download this (ELF to DOL Converter)
Pop your SD card into your PC.
Unzip the contents of the download above to the /apps directory of your SD card.
Run the *.dat batch file to convert all of the ELF files to DOL and that should resolve the error message(s) you're receiving.

peskypurple

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't the file structure it was the elf-dol converter I was using. Thanks for the help. I got it now. You guys are super swell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs