Please. For the love of god. Help me with my Wii.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Excidiuss, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Excidiuss
    OP

Excidiuss Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    Canada
    Allow me to preface this by first stating, that I've got no clue whatsoever what I am doing. I've seen tutorials all over the place, but nothing matching my exact problem. I'm trying to load up a Red Steel 2 iso (yes, an illegal one. Anybody want to cut my nuts off for pirating, go away) and, I've gotten to the videos for WM+. That is to say, I've gotten to a "chapter select" of videos. I've watched them at least a dozen times, but every time I click, "return to game" at the bottom, brings me right back to the Wii menu. And, yes. This is what happens when I load player.dol. I've loaded every conceivable combination of switching around options that I can possibly think of. I finally hacked my Wii using Letterbomb about a week ago, so it's the most recent one. I've tried Neogamma, Wiiflow, CFG usb, USB Loader GX and I just want a little bit of help from somebody. Pretty much begging here.

Oh, and every time I don't use the player.dol, it either works fine up until the "Hold your Wiimote like a sword" part, the screen freezes on black, it's freezes after the Wiimote part and my Wiimote just stays lit up without doing anything, or it does the same and my Wiimote just blinks, without being able to connect.

F*ckballs, keep forgetting to add s*it. I've had no green screen issues at all, and I connected to the internet, for installation of the USB drivers. Yes, I've tried "scrubbing" the iso file. Farthest I've ever gotten with it, is it all working fine until the "Wiimote like a sword" screen.

2. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I remember having a fairly similar problem once. I think I fixed it by setting 002 fix to "Anti" but I don't remember clearly. It would also be a good idea to make sure you're using the right IOS.

3. Excidiuss
    OP

Excidiuss Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    Canada
    Oh man. Somebody responded. Seriously, glad there are helpful people out there. How do I find out which IOS I need? If I find that out, the rest is cake. I remember seeing "IOS53" somewhere during the iso loading screen, but not quite sure.

4. Excidiuss
    OP

Excidiuss Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    Canada
    Also, I've had 002 fix set to anti. And on. and off. Like I said, I've tried a hell of a lot of different option combination.

5. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    There are games that cause this to happen. I have the same issues with Last Story PAL iso. Strange thing is when I use the original disc it does not happen.

6. Excidiuss
    OP

Excidiuss Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    Canada
    Oh, forgot to mention, too. Both copies (yeah, I got 2 different copies online) are NTSC. I'm Canadian. so my system falls under NTSC(U) category.