mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The serial number on the back of your DS Lite has nothing to do with your success in flashing, right?
I have a UG1.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
UG4!!! but never rtried to flash... although Nintendo might of changeds hardware (if who's evers is newer), it could be by all means possible... and hackable!
wink.gif

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm scared to flash now.... What should I do? Should I just go ahead and try to flash it? Do you think that Nintendo changed the hardware?

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want protection from brickers TT.TT and by protection, I mean I want to be able to restore my firmware if I ever get a bricker. And I have an R4, Not right now, But it will be delivered tomorrow.

@Magus, What do you mean when you say it's riskier? Is it because it's smaller and the parts are closer together?

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not afraid of shorting the SL1, It's just that I'm afraid Nintendo changed something in the Lite to make it incompatible with FlashMe. And god dammit, The screw to the battery is so damn small, I need a tiny ass screw driver now...

Edit: Nvm, Took a knife and dulled it down on some concrete and opened my batter cover. I see how small the hole is now, I'll still try it.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see what you mean, Would be easier to flash with the whole thing open eh? Now that I've looked at the hole from different angles, I can see the metal on the left side that connects to the screw thingy on the right hole. What about the right side of the SL1 Hole? Is there anything there?

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
Just flash it. Don't get why people say it is hard. I just stuck a screwdriver into my Ds lite keeping it straight and everything was fine.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I used was a tooth pick, covered it in foil and then used insulation tape and just left it showing the tip of the foil. I just need to put it SL1 slot and it flashes. Whatever you use to flash it, just be on the safe side and insulate everything but the tip.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I shoved a wad of tinfoil in it and it worked. It's not hard. Don't bother though, just don't download from shady sites and there will be no need for flashing.

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just flashed and then unflashed a brand new DSL... Unflashed you asked? Got an R4 for the new unit. NO need for flash anylonger.. I'm not worryed about malicious code. Hardly ever use homebrews.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Serial numbers have nothing to do with i dont think, i flashed a pink ds lite that was brought in mid november and a white dsl that was brought a week before xmas. Flashing isnt hard, as long as u insulate your tool well and keep a steady hand, as soon as u get to 2% and past you're home safe because if you shot it after 2% u can recover....Although i dont think you can recover if flashing from a slot 1 card can you??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)