Please confirm this for me

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by mflo, Feb 23, 2007.

Feb 23, 2007

Please confirm this for me by mflo at 1:33 AM (1,637 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. mflo
    OP

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The serial number on the back of your DS Lite has nothing to do with your success in flashing, right?
    I have a UG1.

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    UG4!!! but never rtried to flash... although Nintendo might of changeds hardware (if who's evers is newer), it could be by all means possible... and hackable! [​IMG]

3. mflo
    OP

United States
    I'm scared to flash now.... What should I do? Should I just go ahead and try to flash it? Do you think that Nintendo changed the hardware?

4. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Just get a slot 1 solution if thats an option. They're cheaper and easier to use.

5. Magus19

Member Magus19 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah I wouldn't flash a DSlite, it's more risky than the old DS and with Slot-1 flashcarts, which are better than slot-2 one, it's a risk not worth it.

6. mflo
    OP

United States
    I just want protection from brickers TT.TT and by protection, I mean I want to be able to restore my firmware if I ever get a bricker. And I have an R4, Not right now, But it will be delivered tomorrow.

@Magus, What do you mean when you say it's riskier? Is it because it's smaller and the parts are closer together?

7. mflo
    OP

United States
    I'm not afraid of shorting the SL1, It's just that I'm afraid Nintendo changed something in the Lite to make it incompatible with FlashMe. And god dammit, The screw to the battery is so damn small, I need a tiny ass screw driver now...

Edit: Nvm, Took a knife and dulled it down on some concrete and opened my batter cover. I see how small the hole is now, I'll still try it.

8. friedchicken

Member friedchicken GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is a bit shady but you can try it
    if you get a bricker, invest in a tri-wing screw
    infer the rest =)

9. mflo
    OP

United States
    I see what you mean, Would be easier to flash with the whole thing open eh? Now that I've looked at the hole from different angles, I can see the metal on the left side that connects to the screw thingy on the right hole. What about the right side of the SL1 Hole? Is there anything there?

10. dOoBiX

Banned dOoBiX Banned

United States
    The right side of the SL1 hole has the screw. It's kind of hard to reach that screw from the SL1 hole... so you don't really have to worry about that.

11. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just flash it. Don't get why people say it is hard. I just stuck a screwdriver into my Ds lite keeping it straight and everything was fine.

12. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    All I used was a tooth pick, covered it in foil and then used insulation tape and just left it showing the tip of the foil. I just need to put it SL1 slot and it flashes. Whatever you use to flash it, just be on the safe side and insulate everything but the tip.

13. science

Canada
    Oops sorry delete this post

14. science

Canada
    I shoved a wad of tinfoil in it and it worked. It's not hard. Don't bother though, just don't download from shady sites and there will be no need for flashing.

15. zone97

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just flashed and then unflashed a brand new DSL... Unflashed you asked? Got an R4 for the new unit. NO need for flash anylonger.. I'm not worryed about malicious code. Hardly ever use homebrews.

16. mflo
    OP

United States
    Wow, I flashed my DS, It wasn't hard at all, yay!

17. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I won't flash it cause I see no reason to right now.

18. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Serial numbers have nothing to do with i dont think, i flashed a pink ds lite that was brought in mid november and a white dsl that was brought a week before xmas. Flashing isnt hard, as long as u insulate your tool well and keep a steady hand, as soon as u get to 2% and past you're home safe because if you shot it after 2% u can recover....Although i dont think you can recover if flashing from a slot 1 card can you??