Hacking Homebrew app Please can someone help me my cfg usb loader has stopped working

azeluk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using cfg usb loader 70r78 for years. Yesterday I got a new hardrive 500gb USB3. I copied the content from my old HD to my new one plugged it in and this screen appeared black with scrolling white text. But it's also displaying when I use my old hard drive. All I did was copy things over that's it.

I haven't touched the sd card that houses the loader I've tried launching from the forwarder and the hbc both show this.

Attachments

• 20210730_082936(1).jpg
    20210730_082936(1).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94

azeluk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get the original hdd to work.... The good old take it out the housing and blow on it trick . But my new hdd still isn't working . I'm guessing my wii doesn't like USB3.0 devices.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Did you use wii backup manager to transfer your games from external hard drive to another external hard drive.

Make a simple copy and paste of your games on the external hard drive, might not work.

maybe you need a Y cable for your new external hard drive?

dyey

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I managed to get the original hdd to work.... The good old take it out the housing and blow on it trick . But my new hdd still isn't working . I'm guessing my wii doesn't like USB3.0 devices.
have you made it work? i think i have the same issue. even when i use Backup Manager to transfer the games.

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use "EaseUS Partition Master". Make sure to change the Hard Drive from GPT to MBR by right clicking where it says GPT near the drive letter and click "Convert to MBR"
Make sure you format to FAT32 at 32KB cluster size.
Make sure it is a "Primary" partition NOT a Logical or an Active Primary.If it is an active primary you have to click "Delete Partition and then Format to Fat32. If it is a Logical Drive you will right click and select "Convert to Primary"
I have not had any trouble using USB 3.0 when you do this.

Last edited by JasonH,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here