Please, can someone guide me?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ithyshaam, Sep 3, 2010.

Sep 3, 2010
  1. ithyshaam
    OP

Newcomer ithyshaam Newbie

United States
    Hello guys.

I currently have a 4.1E wii, virgin.

I have been searching though the forums and the internet and cant really understand what to do.

A) what do i have to do to get HBC and wii backups up and running?

B) is gamecube backups VIA disk possible on this system version?

If you know any of the answers, please explain how and what, as i am a total noob to this.

Thank you

2. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
  3. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I am/was like you - never knew what to to, read countless stuff & still got confused......

....until I came across 'ModMii' (formally known as NUSAD)

I downloaded it, ran it, answered a few simple questions & it downloads all the latest ios, cios,wad etc & places them all into a folder ready to be copied over to an SD memory card

You then copy the files over, put in the SD card into the Wii & follow the guide ModMii makes - & that's it !!!

Your Wii is now softmodded with HBC, DVD playback (although it depends on how old your Wii is - newer Wii's CAN'T play back DVD's no matter what you try & do), Bootmii backup etc
    - & if you also repeat running ModMii again for the USB loader options - you can also backup your Wii Disks onto an external HDD & play them from that instead of changing the disks each time

Not to sure about Gamecube stuff though - not actually tried that out 'cos I don't have many Gamecube games (I THINK you can't run Gamecube from USB HDD anyway) - but at least ModMii does most of what you want in one go

4. ithyshaam
    OP

Newcomer ithyshaam Newbie

United States
    Thank you for your quick reply, im really sorry though, i forgot to mention that i want to have the Wii and gamecube games on disk, not on HDD :S sorry guys

5. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Yes. In fact GC backups can only be played via discs. Well there is DIOS MIOS, but lets leave that for later. This is provided that you do not have one of the new Wiis with the new drives which can not read recordable media. Otherwise you should be able to play GC backups.

Just follow the Complete Softmod Guide and you should be good to go.

-[]D