kalbertv8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please boycott all M3/G6 Products.

They are destroying NDS homebrew and the people who code them.
First Rudolph now Moonlight.

Moonlight might commit suicide now because of the M3 Team stealing his work and not paying him a cent.

If you already have a M3 Product, I ask you to please break it and throw it out.

Go buy a new flashkarts which respect the homebrew developers and do not only care about money.
Like the R4 Team, I suggest in everybody getting a R4 III, I have one and its great.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont break your current ones
you already paid for them, so theirs no point

but you could reccomend alternative cards to new users (ak2i, ttds, cyclo)

DatVietDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here the best recommendation, don't buy from DealExtreme.com, they sell dupe card and the quality is horrible. CycloDS is a pretty good cart right now, or get a Super Card same thing.

bobfernando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AceKard I got from DX.com may be a dupe, but I havent had a single problem with it. Not to say that my Cyclo doesnt completely blow it away, which it does.

Point being, if youre looking for a cheap solution: AK2 is perfect; if you want the updates and support, choose Cyclo. Although im sure most people here already realize this.

But yeah, if Moonlight's post is to be taken as not getting paid as per some contract, then I have no respect for TeamM3 right now. This is just plain stupid.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kalbertv8 said:
Please boycott all M3/G6 Products.

They are destroying NDS homebrew and the people who code them.
First Rudolph now Moonlight.

Moonlight might commit suicide now because of the M3 Team stealing his work and not paying him a cent.

If you already have a M3 Product, I ask you to please break it and throw it out.

Go buy a new flashkarts which respect the homebrew developers and do not only care about money.
Like the R4 Team, I suggest in everybody getting a R4 III, I have one and its great.
Now, now, let's not jump to hasty conclusions. I just said his post sounds like a suicide note, but I don't actually think it is.

Moonlight got the short end of the stick, and I do sympathize with your cause, but these days I refuse to get anything associated with R4. And since I already have an M3 Real, there's no point in me not using it because I already paid for it and they already have my money. SoulAnger made an excellent suggestion and mentioned setting up a PayPal account for donations to Moonlight.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I highly doubt M3 will die. And as for DealExtreme, their stock of M3 Reals are legit. At least, item number 2728 is. I know this for a fact, being a customer there.

EDIT: And as for Moonlight, could someone please fill me in on what exactly happened? I'm kind of in the dark on this topic.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
I highly doubt M3 will die. And as for DealExtreme, their stock of M3 Reals are legit. At least, item number 2728 is. I know this for a fact, being a customer there.

EDIT: And as for Moonlight, could someone please fill me in on what exactly happened? I'm kind of in the dark on this topic.
Here's where it all started.

But it's not just M3 screwing him over, it's also the e-mails he's received from ungrateful assholes berating him, bugging him and harassing him about Sakura. I've read some of the 2-chan forums, and some of the Japanese people are horrible. In one forum some dude was calling Moonlight a faggot for naming it after a flower and making it all pink, others were pissed off about the delays in its release, etc.

I guess Moonlight just got fed up with all the bullshit after working so hard to code it, and not getting any money for it. Can't blame the poor guy.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this idea on the other forum that Densetsu linked to - Review bombing

Basically, we need to all go to any and every flash cart dealer site that takes user reviews, and post the worst possible reviews for M3 products, meanwhile posting positive (honest) reviews for the flash carts we will now recommend in place of M3. If someone who is new to the world of flash carts looks on a site and sees hundreds of bad reviews for M3, sales should drop off almost completely.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If we post bad reviews about M3 hardware, but the products perform exactly as advertised, we will only end up blowing our own (and GBAtemp's) credibility.

I think that if we are to do review bombing, we should simply point out:
- How badly M3 has treated Moonlight.
- The company's apparent indifference to homebrew coders.
- How they've repeatedly disregarded us, the consumer.
- How quickly they abandon support for their recently outdated products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night