Gaming Please advice a decent game... Definitely not Mario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much of a grinding

Do not have 20 hours to play a game

RPG is ok

Maybe if you downloaded the free demo for Bravely Default that would fill all three (and I believe it's a separate scenario from what's in the actual game rather than just a cut down portion) but a full game? No, RPG is not ok if those are requirements.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mass Effect, Portal 2 and Dishonored

all 3 are First person shooters

It really does seem like your just here to see what excuses you can give people to shut down their help, if you can't find a game after everyone giving you suggestion quit playing video games, their about your imagination

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know you've dismissed this before, but I've seen only one other person who has not liked fire emblem awakening.

If you just want to smash your way through the game and enjoy the story, you can. If you want something harder, you can add permanent deaths and hard difficulty.
There is a lot of character building and some really good plot twists with a real good interactive(at times) cut-scenes. The game is probably the best game I've played on 3ds so far.

Otherwise you could look into Resident Evil Revelations. The story isn't too bad, but it's not lord of the rings either.

I do suggest you look into ninty's ip's with a broader perspective, since they do generally makeup the backbone of any and all Nintendo consoles. That should be known whenever you jump into nintendo consoles. Zelda has some nice story based gameplay, mixed with a bit of puzzle, adventure, action and all that. If you just want to live the story, you can follow a game guide or just tackle the next stage instantly without side quests.

This is my suggestion, and yes, I do know you have said no to many, if not all of these, but seriously, give them a try.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is all your imagination.

Did you even give my link a chance?!? Edward Gorey is fucking awesome and the master of plot twists in as little as a 2 line story. And the fact that a Gorey pop-up book exists damn near convinced me that that there is a god who loves me.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but this is pointless... He bought a 3DS because he wanted more games to play.. But has shot down a good 95% of em. It's stupid. You're better off selling your 3DS and moving on with your life. You will NOT find what your high standards are craving.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
all 3 are First person shooters
Max 30% of the shooter and 70% of the RPG story. Anyway, I do not see that you want to give any real suggestion of 3ds game with the criteria in first post?

Did you even give my link a chance?!? Edward Gorey is fucking awesome and the master of plot twists in as little as a 2 line story. And the fact that a Gorey pop-up book exists damn near convinced me that that there is a god who loves me.
You did not provided any link.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can think of only one game with all the limits you have applied

Tales of Abyss

Keep in mind Nintendo has gone kiddy, its not like the psp or xbox and ps what evers. Nintendo has taken a different family friendly route so alot of there games are yes kiddy.

Tales of Abyss is a port from the PS2 game with 3D added to it, I enjoyed it and its got some nice replay value with New game+

It does have a bit of dialog, but i think like 80% or more of it is voiced though if you don't like the voice there is a option to shut that off I think.

There will be a bit of grinding but for the most part it should not be to bad.

Its a bit of a long game though.

Edit: There is also "Bravely Default" But I have not really played it, party because I heard its kinda a meh game.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I know you've dismissed this before, but I've seen only one other person who has not liked fire emblem awakening.
I actually played it up to 5 or 6 chapter, I do not remember. Did not seen any interesting plot there, sorry. Standard cliche RPG scenario. Maybe decent plot begins after that, I do not know...

Otherwise you could look into Resident Evil Revelations. The story isn't too bad, but it's not lord of the rings either.
Yes, someone already suggested that... Will take a look.

I do suggest you look into ninty's ip's with a broader perspective, since they do generally makeup the backbone of any and all Nintendo consoles. That should be known whenever you jump into nintendo consoles. Zelda has some nice story based gameplay, mixed with a bit of puzzle, adventure, action and all that. If you just want to live the story, you can follow a game guide or just tackle the next stage instantly without side quests.

Zelda I played already Ocarina of Time on N64. Was a nice game for N64. Link Between Worlds - saw a gameplay on youtube (watched first 30 minutes), and it looked like NES game in 3d, with same scenario as usual NES game have... this why I decided not to give it a go.

Added in first post list of games already suggested.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zelda I played already Ocarina of Time on N64. Was a nice game for N64. Link Between Worlds - saw a gameplay on youtube (watched first 30 minutes), and it looked like NES game in 3d, with same scenario as usual NES game have... this why I decided not to give it a go.
but yet you haven't played the beginning story of Zelda which is Skyward Sword(The creation of the Master Sword). A link between worlds was a completely new game based off the story of A link to the past for the SNES it's a direct sequel

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
but yet you haven't played the beginning story of Zelda which is Skyward Sword(The creation of the Master Sword). A link between worlds was a completely new game based off the story of A link to the past for the SNES it's a direct sequel

Yes, I did not played that, obviously, as it is on Wii, so not clear why you mentioned it. I played SNES version of Zelda (that Link to the Past), but did not hooked (maybe because I played it after Ocarina of time, I would say that from all Zelda's I played (NES, SNES, N64) I would said best one was on N64).

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the story for zelda is much like the metroid story the games weren't released in the order the story goes, take a look at chronology of the stories now that their more filled out you may find you like them a bit more then what you thought I know I did

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghost Trick Phantom is a great regular DS game I'd highly recommend. If you're looking for 3DS I'm still working on the non-standard library myself.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I actually played it up to 5 or 6 chapter, I do not remember. Did not seen any interesting plot there, sorry. Standard cliche RPG scenario. Maybe decent plot begins after that, I do not know...
hmm, I would say to persist with Fire Emblem a bit more. maybe up to chapter 10 ish at least. there are 26 main chapters, 17+6 paralogues, then a ton more in DLC. lots more character building. for example, marriage/friendships between characters, back story of different characters and such. There are quite a few plot twists in the main story though, just got to get deep enough for them to start occurring.
I didn't like ALBW either. Wasn't my type of game even though I am a fan of Zelda. I find the best ones for story are the 3D zelda games. I think Majora's Mask 3D will be insanely great for story and character building as you get to understand more and more about each and every NPC. Fricken insane story based game imo. Graphics are upgraded from the n64 version, and even gameplay wise, it has a few improvements iirc.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, I would say to persist with Fire Emblem a bit more. maybe up to chapter 10 ish at least. there are 26 main chapters, 17+6 paralogues, then a ton more in DLC. lots more character building. for example, marriage/friendships between characters, back story of different characters and such. There are quite a few plot twists in the main story though, just got to get deep enough for them to start occurring.

I didn't like ALBW either. Wasn't my type of game even though I am a fan of Zelda. I find the best ones for story are the 3D zelda games. I think Majora's Mask 3D will be insanely great for story and character building as you get to understand more and more about each and every NPC. Fricken insane story based game imo. Graphics are upgraded from the n64 version, and even gameplay wise, it has a few improvements iirc.

I don't own a 3DS I have a DS Lite, I was a huge fan of ALTTP I still play it to this day I prefer the GBA version for the enhanced 32-Bit sound instead of the SNES versions 16-Bit sound. I've heard a bunch of mixed reviews of ALBW, IMO the game seems like a fun concept and I would enjoy it but from some of the negative reviews i've read I question it a bit.

If you like the whole idea behind characters growing bonds with each other based on how a conversation goes between the characters. for example the user chooses his/her characters phrases if the conversation goes bad the bond weakens. you would like Xenoblade Chronicles it's a 3D 3rd person RPG/Action/Adventure game. Fighting off machines that destroy villages, Wielding a sword that lets you see the future and escape near death situations, a Story about 2 males 1 female childhood friends saving the world from these Machines called Mechon(About 3 times as big as any human in the game). it sounds like a great video game to me.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Ghost Trick Phantom is a great regular DS game I'd highly recommend. If you're looking for 3DS I'm still working on the non-standard library myself.

I actually want a native 3ds games, as most of DS games I played already on DSi, and Ghost Trick is among them :)

Seriously, you need a smartphone... not a 3DS

Okay, imagine I have a smartphone. What native Android game you can suggest? Having in mind the preferables in first post.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
PPSSPP PSP emulator. Ensue yet another long list of games haha.

Why I need an emulator, when I have a PSP myself? I do not want to play a PSP game or a Vita game or a DS game, I want to see a decent 3DS game, which does not fit usual mainstream as I can see through this thread...

Reactions: 2Hack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse