PlayStation's version of Game Pass could be unveiled next week

IwKzXQW.jpg

According to Jason Schreier at Bloomberg, Sony could be ready to launch its new subscription service as early as next week. This is the same merging of PS Plus and PS Now that was formerly referred to as Project Spartacus, an answer to the overwhelming success of Microsoft's Game Pass. Apparently, Sony will offer different tiers of access, but it remains to be seen if they are able to provide the same kind of triple-A titles on day one as Microsoft does.

The service is also touted to include classic games from previous generations, which would a big plus due to the very limited backwards compatibility of PS5. The quality of emulation is also a mystery at this point.

A big question mark will hover over the pricing as Microsoft was able to offer amazing deals to boost the sales of Game Pass to the level it is now. If they do manage to get it right, then it could be a big boon for Sony as the PlayStation 5 has currently outsold the Series X by almost twice as many units.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3910713_1.jpg

$60 for three months and it doesn't even include PS1 and PS2 games?

I really hope this is nothing more than just a rumor.
EU please just force Sony to open up the store to third party already. Game pass should cost as much as Netflix only if that happens.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3910713_1.jpg

$60 for three months and it doesn't even include PS1 and PS2 games?

I really hope this is nothing more than just a rumor.
That image looks really fake, but at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if that's what Sony actually plans to release. lol

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more worried about don't loosing my PS3 digital games, but I guess they would just fuck all, I was saving my money for the PS5 retrocompatibility and they fucked up, so I'm not hoping anything good
At least you're not as fucked as those people who bought legit Wii games digitally.

RatherSimple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
There’s already a streaming/downloading service (psnow) of PlayStation, can any of you correct me what’s the new thing about this that I’m missing?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more worried about don't loosing my PS3 digital games, but I guess they would just fuck all, I was saving my money for the PS5 retrocompatibility and they fucked up, so I'm not hoping anything good
Digital purchases? You don't actually own it, it's more like a long rental, if anything.

Sony has been a dick about BC since the PS3 era and it probably isn't going to get any better. Microsoft are the ones who (surprisingly) are customer-friendly by allowing people to use their old game copies to play on modern consoles.

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony loves to muck shit up, ps3 launch price, psn outtage, vita proprietary storage and the list will keep on getting longer, cus big corp is never your friend :rofl2:

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same AAA titles...... when they stop buying up game studios just to push its games exclusive to its digital only service.

Kiss gaming bye bye if this is what it takes for consoles to offer a service.

• Haha
Reactions: Stone_Wings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality