PlayStation's version of Game Pass could be unveiled next week

IwKzXQW.jpg

According to Jason Schreier at Bloomberg, Sony could be ready to launch its new subscription service as early as next week. This is the same merging of PS Plus and PS Now that was formerly referred to as Project Spartacus, an answer to the overwhelming success of Microsoft's Game Pass. Apparently, Sony will offer different tiers of access, but it remains to be seen if they are able to provide the same kind of triple-A titles on day one as Microsoft does.

The service is also touted to include classic games from previous generations, which would a big plus due to the very limited backwards compatibility of PS5. The quality of emulation is also a mystery at this point.

A big question mark will hover over the pricing as Microsoft was able to offer amazing deals to boost the sales of Game Pass to the level it is now. If they do manage to get it right, then it could be a big boon for Sony as the PlayStation 5 has currently outsold the Series X by almost twice as many units.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
"Worse than we thought!"? How is $10 a month for a year of the highest tier "Worse than we thought!"? That's the same price as stand alone Game Pass, and less than Game Pass Ultimate.

Highest is 18$ a month.
Lowest (current ps plus)is the 10$ one.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As stated in my prior post, a year of the highest tier is $10 a month. And has been mentioned elsewhere, gift cards/vpn and plenty of sale pricing throughout the year makes it even cheaper.
Monthly it's still cheaper though.
For a lot of people, like me, monthly sub is the most interesting offer.

They won't beat gamepass like that, the value difference in value too big. Heck, there shouldn't even be that middle tier option and just stick to two.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monthly it's still cheaper though.
For a lot of people, like me, monthly sub is the most interesting offer.

They won't beat gamepass like that, the value difference in value too big. Heck, there shouldn't even be that middle tier option and just stick to two.

Sony don't need to "beat" Game Pass, most people subscribe for a longer term than one month, and PlayStations top tier has nearly twice the amount of titles as Game Pass. Both offer me something different so I will be personally remain subscribed to both. Game Pass doesn't offer a single PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, or PS5 exclusive. I think the price for over 700 games is far better than you think it is. Why pay a higher rate for monthly if you're just going to subscribe for several months anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."