PlayStation will air a new State of Play broadcast on August 6th

qB7oUWL.png

News concerning upcoming PlayStation 5 titles has been fairly quiet, ever since the major showcase Sony had back in June. Additionally, their State of Play series hasn't seen a new entry for quite some time, but eager fans will be glad to know that there's a new showcase on the way. Sony will be streaming a new State of Play, which will focus on upcoming PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR games. A handful of PlayStation 5 titles will also get updates, though your expectations should be tempered by the fact that this will only focus on third-party developed games, and will not go into any detail about the PlayStation 5's release date or pricing. The new State of Play will go live at 1pm PT/9pm BST on August 6th.

:arrow: Source

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read ps4 controller will work for ps4 games only, but haven't bothered to confirm.

But makes sense can't use ps4 controller with ps5 games

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Xzi and osaka35

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read ps4 controller will work for ps4 games only, but haven't bothered to confirm.

I mean, why not though? It's not like anything released after the first two years that's not first party will make use of the unique features of the PS5 controller. I still don't exactly understand how the whole "if you're walking in sand, the controller will feel like sand" is supposed to be more "immersive." I'm probably misunderstanding the feature, but if it is exactly as I described, I can imagine more..."interesting" uses with this device when combined with the vibration functions... ;) :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hoping they announce more great games like Lost of Us 2.

BRAZILIAN TLOU2!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ns-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

what interest me is that part :
Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.
Hopefully it's free. I wonder how we will apply or they will verify we have PSVR. they are ready to ship for free?

it also means the PS4 camera will not be enough, and yet another PS5 camera will be needed for PSVR2.

edit:
Oh I see there's a newer dedicated thread for that.

Last edited by Cyan,

caleb39411

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.calebevans.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom

People are arguing that Microsoft is allowing it, but Sony isn't, and so must be anticompetitive. Microsoft has just not really changed the controller, even though the 360 controller is considered to be the pinnacle epitome of controllers.

Last edited by caleb39411,
Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.