PlayStation Vue Beta and service announcements

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated before, It just doesn't stand up against good old piracy. Undoubtedly the best way to watch TV

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pictured: Bojangles and the nerd squad
Not willing to let Xbox be the only media box to allow for cable integration of sorts, Sony is stepping in with their newly announced "Playstation Vue". Time Warner, Comcast, and Direct Tv are losing more and more viewers a day thanks to slick online cable free alternatives like the ever popular Netfilx and Hulu Plus. PS Vue will be at almost direct odds with Hulu Plus, beating showtimes by a whole 24 hours before H+ gets new episodes of brand newly aired shows.

In case you are skeptical about enough content to make PlayStation Vue worth it, over 70 networks are ready to launch with the initial service, including Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS, Discovery, Fox and NBC. However, CBS, ESPN, and AMC have yet to strike deals. And these, by far, are not what Vue is limited to. Now, whether or not there will actually be anything to watch, thats up to you.

PS Vue will have a 3 day cloud viewing window for shows you might have missed, as well as keeping your HDD free of show and movie data.

The Vue will be available in Beta form later this month for owners in the New York area, as well as rumored Chicago and San Francisco. Commercially, PS Vue will be rolled out next year in early 2015. Pricing will be set against existing cable providers, which might come as a little bit of a bummer to us, but the upside is at least interesting. Cable providers generally sign contracts to monopolize geological areas with service, which is why you might only have Comcast around your area, and other only have Time Warner. Vue ousts that out entirely allowing for friendlier ways to get to content. There are no contracts, just a sub fee, no special box (well a ps4 or ps3 I suppose, and in the future, iPad), and no pesky cable company digging up your yard to run a line to your living room set box.

:arrow: Source : Prolygron

Seriously nerd squad That's the Big Bang Theory its my favorite show next to DBZ,Bleach,&High School Dxd & various others

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But "Vue" is a weird name for a TV service. They should have named it Playstation TV. But I guess it's too late for that now.

thats why I thought it was weird that playstation tv (the device) wasn't announced as supported hardware for it. You would think it would be. According to the different articles that I read its only coming out to PS3 and PS4 initially and other devices later like ipad

I have a feeling tho this service is gonna be somewhat expensive probably like $40ish a month, not gonna be like hulu or netflix price

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls