1. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Well, a 4k screen actually wich i know doesn't scale that well with lower resolutions

2. kenenthk

kenenthk Village Idiot

Burkina Faso
    Ebay gave me a $5 coupon

3. pohaxsf

pohaxsf GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    We will meet here in june.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

lemme check

4. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Firmware 0.990!!! Holy shit, that firmware must be hacked!

But yes, that's how exactly I imagined the SD cards, or SDXC support to go over 64GB up to like 256GB.
    But noooooo, lets make propietary memcards that costs(more than) 100$ for 64GB!!! Well Sony, I hope you learned from that mistake or else you can go eat tasty steaming piles.

5. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    If the Ocarina of Time BETA build(s) ever magically surface somehow, I will play them to death. Literally to death.

DeslotlCL likes this.
  6. What about the DSi hm?

7. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    Yeah, it's like the ultimate "Fuck you" from Sony in hindsight.

8. bandithedoge

bandithedoge GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Did they seriously put the "not for sale" message hoping nobody will sell it on eBay? Come on, it's like those stupid "warranty void if removed" stickers.

9. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    But does this one uses OLED or LCD screen? It looks like LCD from the looks of it.
    And now I understand why some oled Vita's has those black blotches or smudges, oled was new back in 2011 and if the Vita would use the newer generation of oled screens, it would have gotten perfect blacks without any blotch or smudge. I have one Vita here that has a perfect screen without blotch and smudge!

But it's for sale for $19,999 so $1 cheaper, quick, grab your chance before discount ends!

10. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

United States
    What about the DSi?
    Nintendo lumped the DSi with the DS in terms of sales.

11. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I rarely buy physical anything since I hate carrying carts around, got 2 Vitas, a 16, 32 and a 64GB mem card. One is fully hacked, other is not. I don't get consoles for multimedia, they're a plus. I never use the PSN store on the consoles, since the PC version is MUCH better. I can see why you wouldn't like it, since single player games do not seem to be your primary focus.

I disagree 100% about wi-fi sucking, I streamed quite a few PS3 and PS4 games to my Vita via remote play and it worked almost perfectly, with only around 20 frame drops per minute. Download speeds for games were not great, but were not bad either.

I really do not understand why you would not like the Vita other than price of the memory cards: Games were good/great, even if few + the whole PSP library. Design was top notch, the screen was PERFECT, even media playing was good.

And that was even before I considered hacking one.
    All of that get kicked up a whole other level when you consider Henkaku + Adrenaline.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but it seems you're judging from a bad personal experience instead of objectively analyzing what the system has to offer.

Too bad Sony execs were beyond stupid in handling this device.

12. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    no, i feel i was judging from an overall experience on an unhacked console that i basically went almost 100% legit on (I hacked it when the psp emulator was new, but i really had no need because i had already experienced the full psp era at that time). It just isnt a good console at all. I had ZERO experience of the vita when it was hacked and pirated games could be played on it and the memory card mod or any of that, but it just doesnt interest me. The games were impossible to find at retail stores also. And the whole Final Fantasy X-2 having to be downloaded seperately and taking the whole memory card was what made me quit on Vita.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, prototype, appears