Hacking Playstation Vita Hacking News/Overview/FAQ

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response Arizato. Have you heard of anyone getting banned in any way for accessing PSN on a lower firmware / hacked vita?
No, not yet. But Yifan Lu doesn't recommend using PSN while using HENkaku. He recommends just using it to update PS+ status and downloading purchased games on PSN.

have anyone an answer to my last question?
From the Amphetamin readme: "By pressing SELECT for a few seconds, the amphetamin plugin menu will show up where you can set ARM/BUS/GPU frequency.
Put the plugins folder at ux0: plugins. The plugin will only work with games that have been dumped with Vitamin."

Last edited by Arizato,

Inkadinkadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, does anyone know any alternatives to the proprietary PSvita memory card? adapters, aftermarket memory cards, basically anything cheaper or convenient. I'd still be willing to drop around $100 for an official 64GB memory card.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, does anyone know any alternatives to the proprietary PSvita memory card? adapters, aftermarket memory cards, basically anything cheaper or convenient. I'd still be willing to drop around $100 for an official 64GB memory card.

No, the official cards are the only option for now, sadly. I ordered a 64GB card myself this week actually, hurts paying so much for a memory card, but I have a feeling it will be worth it in the long run. Especially if we get some more interesting emulators.

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so if I buy a vita tonight I know it well be under 3.60 thing is how do I get it to 3.60 for the hack or do I need a game ?

cheers

Inkadinkadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a PSvita 1010 firmware 2.12 and I saw that the best firmware to update to would be 3.18 but i also see that henkaku works for firmware 3.60. Should I update to 3.18 or 3.60? whats the pros/cons?

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
General thread update: I cleaned up the entire FAQ and made changes to the categories. It should now be easier to read and find what you need. Also updated the links to new useful guides and tools.

So, I have a PSvita 1010 firmware 2.12 and I saw that the best firmware to update to would be 3.18 but i also see that henkaku works for firmware 3.60. Should I update to 3.18 or 3.60? whats the pros/cons?

I would recommend going for 3.60. You will have more compatibility with more recent Vita games and unless you are more into PSP homebrew I just recommend using HENkaku instead. There are so many possibilites with HENkaku.

Inkadinkadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be a bad idea to buy a used 64GB memory card to do this with? I've read in a couple places (cant remember which websites) that people have experienced their memory cards failing after only a few write cycles and I was wondering if this is a fact for all vita memory cards or just a small percentage have had defects?

EDIT: Also sorry about my earlier question about which firmware to update to. I was reading 3 other things at the same time so I only kind of half skimmed over it. I'm just trying to read as much information about the vita scene so I can understand it all when I'm going into it or decide to do anything.

Last edited by Inkadinkadoo,

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be a bad idea to buy a used 64GB memory card to do this with? I've read in a couple places (cant remember which websites) that people have experienced their memory cards failing after only a few write cycles and I was wondering if this is a fact for all vita memory cards or just a small percentage have had defects?

Kind of a hard question to answer since it all comes down to personal preference. I cannot speak for the durability of the 64GB cards. But I would advice you to consider how much storage you really need. Maybe 16 or 32GB will be enough for you personally.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Was just unassure since the shop was region locked. Though maybe Sony did a 3DS move. Good to hear!
Lucky for us that sony stopped region locking after the ps2 so nintendo is the only one that still does region locking for some reason.

Last edited by cvskid,

Harrydivot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys probably some of this is probably quite obvious but just checking I have got thing right.
I bought a new Vita it is on 3.60 I went to the Henkaku site and did the install, I can see molecularshell bubble, once I have clicked bubble
1. should I only access internet etc using the icon in there or can I use the normal Browser bubble?
2. I have 3 games to download that came with the Vita when i try to open playstation store I get C2-14921-7 is there a particular link I should use i.e. PSN or shop or whatever?
3. Once I close the VITA (hold button and click Power off) then switch on again I still see the Molecular bubble I thought I had to reinstall it every time?
Apologies for Noobness

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys probably some of this is probably quite obvious but just checking I have got thing right.
I bought a new Vita it is on 3.60 I went to the Henkaku site and did the install, I can see molecularshell bubble, once I have clicked bubble
1. should I only access internet etc using the icon in there or can I use the normal Browser bubble?
2. I have 3 games to download that came with the Vita when i try to open playstation store I get C2-14921-7 is there a particular link I should use i.e. PSN or shop or whatever?
3. Once I close the VITA (hold button and click Power off) then switch on again I still see the Molecular bubble I thought I had to reinstall it every time?
Apologies for Noobness

1. You can use the normal internet browser.
2. Reset your Vita, Start HENkaku using henkaku.xyz and then try to connect to the Playstation Store again.
3. You will still see all bubbles your installed using HENkaku even when you are not in HENkaku mode. Nothing wrong there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu