PlayStation Vita downgrade tool Modoru released by TheFloW

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Feb 13, 2019.

1. dubsmachine

dubsmachine Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    Germany
    Frankfurt, Germany
    not totally true, I guess it depends where you buy it from.
    I got a new black Vita from Amazon Japan and it was already installed with 3.68.
    I hacked it and have it SD2Vita installed and interested in this to reduce steps on boot up but from what I read it may not work if Vita comes with higher than 3.65 from the factory.

2. ReanUnfazeD

ReanUnfazeD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2019
    Philippines
    padoru padoru

3. Metro City

Metro City Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2015
    Italy
    I hope in a tool wich can back from 3.69 to 3.65

4. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
  5. raxadian

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Got an used Vita with 3.65 so I wanna try to go back to 3 60 Besides Vitacheat are there other plugins that don't work in 3.60 in their latest version?

Plattym3! likes this.
  6. lucks

lucks GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2015
    Canada
    Everything work on 3.60, it has 100% compatibility while the others could have issues with some old plugins

raxadian likes this.
  7. raxadian

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    There are some plugins that in their latest version only work with 3.65. Like Viracheat, that's why I asked. Yeah 3.60 is better 95% of the time but I wanna know more.

8. Spellblade137

Spellblade137 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    United States
    What are the benefits and risks? I have 3.70 with the trinity hack and I'm loving it but I don't know if I should downgrade with modoru or not I can't seem to find and sources that give a straight answer on the benefits of downgrading to an older firmware or the risks involved

9. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    The main benefits for going down to 3.60/3.65 are permanent hacks with Enso/h-encore, and some plugins don't support newer firmwares so you might not get the full experience. (Dunno the full list of them, but our section on Vita Hacking should mention some)

If you don't care about having to run the hack on every reboot, and you don't feel you're missing any plugins, then you can sit on 3.70 no problem. Otherwise, there's no real reason not to downgrade TBH