PlayStation Vita downgrade tool Modoru released by TheFloW

rVDhqT3.png

If you've ever wanted to go back to an older firmware on your PlayStation Vita, then your wishes have been granted. Renown Vita scene hacker TheFloW has released a brand new homebrew tool called Modoru that allows you to downgrade your firmware. This software can be used on any Vita running OFW 3.60-3.68, and allows for anyone above OFW 3.65 to downgrade and apply a permanent hack, Henkaku Enso, to their system. Those on 3.69 and above cannot use it at this time, but once an exploit is available for those firmwares, they will be able to.

In order to use Modoru, you must make sure your Vita has over 50% battery, and that all of your custom plugins have been disabled. This means you will not be able to use an SD2Vita to downgrade, and must have a memory card, or have free space on the handheld's internal storage. Installation instructions are below.

1. Download and install modoru.vpk using VitaShell.
  2. Obtain the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP (don't install modoru.vpk afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
  3. Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming ux0:tai and ur0:tai to some other name.
  4. Reboot your device and relaunch HENkaku/h-encore.
  5. Launch the modoru application and follow the instructions on screen.
  6. Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.

You can check out the program on TheFloW's GitHub, linked below.

:download: Source

dubsmachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not totally true, I guess it depends where you buy it from.
I got a new black Vita from Amazon Japan and it was already installed with 3.68.
I hacked it and have it SD2Vita installed and interested in this to reduce steps on boot up but from what I read it may not work if Vita comes with higher than 3.65 from the factory.

Yes. Any brand new, unopened Vita should be on any firmware below 3.65, Sony hasn't manufactured any Vita's recently enough that'd have a higher firmware than 3.65. If you get a Vita that's on a higher firmware than 3.65, it's not actually a brand new product, it was likely opened and updated by someone at some point.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Got an used Vita with 3.65 so I wanna try to go back to 3 60 Besides Vitacheat are there other plugins that don't work in 3.60 in their latest version?

Reactions: Plattym3!

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Everything work on 3.60, it has 100% compatibility while the others could have issues with some old plugins

There are some plugins that in their latest version only work with 3.65. Like Viracheat, that's why I asked. Yeah 3.60 is better 95% of the time but I wanna know more.

Spellblade137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the benefits and risks? I have 3.70 with the trinity hack and I'm loving it but I don't know if I should downgrade with modoru or not I can't seem to find and sources that give a straight answer on the benefits of downgrading to an older firmware or the risks involved

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What are the benefits and risks? I have 3.70 with the trinity hack and I'm loving it but I don't know if I should downgrade with modoru or not I can't seem to find and sources that give a straight answer on the benefits of downgrading to an older firmware or the risks involved
The main benefits for going down to 3.60/3.65 are permanent hacks with Enso/h-encore, and some plugins don't support newer firmwares so you might not get the full experience. (Dunno the full list of them, but our section on Vita Hacking should mention some)

If you don't care about having to run the hack on every reboot, and you don't feel you're missing any plugins, then you can sit on 3.70 no problem. Otherwise, there's no real reason not to downgrade TBH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1