PlayStation Vita downgrade tool Modoru released by TheFloW

rVDhqT3.png

If you've ever wanted to go back to an older firmware on your PlayStation Vita, then your wishes have been granted. Renown Vita scene hacker TheFloW has released a brand new homebrew tool called Modoru that allows you to downgrade your firmware. This software can be used on any Vita running OFW 3.60-3.68, and allows for anyone above OFW 3.65 to downgrade and apply a permanent hack, Henkaku Enso, to their system. Those on 3.69 and above cannot use it at this time, but once an exploit is available for those firmwares, they will be able to.

In order to use Modoru, you must make sure your Vita has over 50% battery, and that all of your custom plugins have been disabled. This means you will not be able to use an SD2Vita to downgrade, and must have a memory card, or have free space on the handheld's internal storage. Installation instructions are below.

1. Download and install modoru.vpk using VitaShell.
  2. Obtain the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP (don't install modoru.vpk afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
  3. Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming ux0:tai and ur0:tai to some other name.
  4. Reboot your device and relaunch HENkaku/h-encore.
  5. Launch the modoru application and follow the instructions on screen.
  6. Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.

You can check out the program on TheFloW's GitHub, linked below.

:download: Source

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just downgraded my 3.68 PSTV to 3.65, worked a treat thanks theflow

Any thread were to find the best Vita models to buy?

https://solarisjapan.com/search#q=vita wi-fi&page=0

is a good place for nice used Vita's, so much better than buying a second hand one off ebay, 3g OLED ones at bottom of page are the best in my opinion; you can have 2 SD cards with the 3g ones (PSVCD & SD2VITA)

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help with this. I keep getting error code C2-12848-3 when I try to downgrade my 3.68 vita.... How do I fix this error?

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I fix the C2-12848-3 error? It's preventing me from getting the downgrader from installing the 3.65/3.60 firmware update.....

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you that have successfully used it, does your system settings still show the higher firmware after it's been downgraded? I started on 3.68 and tried installing 3.65. I feel like everything went right but both system settings and Modoru say I'm still on fw 3.68 . I don't wanna start mucking around with things if I'm not actually on 3.60 by some chance.

EDIT---
This is what happens when you install using the wrong PUP. Everything looks correct, but System Settings shows original firmware. Make sure your download manager doesn't auto-unzip your folders... It might auto unzip the wrong one and you'll have no idea.

Last edited by Yohoki,
Reactions: LuigiXL

ReanUnfazeD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just hope that you will get a 3.68 one....
Trust me... that feeling after seeing your desired FW while in the store..... It so G00D

j43728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best thing ever happen to vita, happy I didn't buy those overpriced vitas from eBay that was on 3.60/3.65 Flow is the best, the downgrade was quick and simple

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

finally I can enjoy custom themes to the full potential and saving me a click actually makes me want to use my vita more now

ReanUnfazeD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Best thing ever happen to vita, happy I didn't buy those overpriced vitas from eBay that was on 3.60/3.65 Flow is the best, the downgrade was quick and simple

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

finally I can enjoy custom themes to the full potential and saving me a click actually makes me want to use my vita more now
cheers!

ZeroHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed the instructions of the guide above and renamed the ur0:/tai folder to disable plugins and rebooted my vita, however when I boot up h-encore and run modoru or vitashell, it says the file is corrupt (though the h-encore is still running!) I've tried uninstalling and installing vitashell but it now says "Failed! 0x8001001c" at 33%. any ideas? i'm on 3.68 and followed the guide for 3.68 initially at vita.hacks.guide

Edit: Ignore me, I fixed it. Turns out there wasn't enough storag eon the memory card!

Last edited by ZeroHikari,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?