PlayStation Vita downgrade tool Modoru released by TheFloW

rVDhqT3.png

If you've ever wanted to go back to an older firmware on your PlayStation Vita, then your wishes have been granted. Renown Vita scene hacker TheFloW has released a brand new homebrew tool called Modoru that allows you to downgrade your firmware. This software can be used on any Vita running OFW 3.60-3.68, and allows for anyone above OFW 3.65 to downgrade and apply a permanent hack, Henkaku Enso, to their system. Those on 3.69 and above cannot use it at this time, but once an exploit is available for those firmwares, they will be able to.

In order to use Modoru, you must make sure your Vita has over 50% battery, and that all of your custom plugins have been disabled. This means you will not be able to use an SD2Vita to downgrade, and must have a memory card, or have free space on the handheld's internal storage. Installation instructions are below.

1. Download and install modoru.vpk using VitaShell.
  2. Obtain the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP (don't install modoru.vpk afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
  3. Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming ux0:tai and ur0:tai to some other name.
  4. Reboot your device and relaunch HENkaku/h-encore.
  5. Launch the modoru application and follow the instructions on screen.
  6. Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.

You can check out the program on TheFloW's GitHub, linked below.

:download: Source

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In your case, no. The major benefit from this would be for users on 3.67+ who want to go back to 3.60-3.65 for Enso support. Otherwise, there's no benefit for users on 3.65 (unless for some reason you just really want to be on a lower firmware, even though in this case there's likely no benefit to it).
I Can play pretty much every game on the firmware 3.65 ?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is pretty neat! My Vita is back on 3.60 and enso makes things better plus there's reF00D so I can also play newer games. Big thanks to TheFloW for this and also every other Vita hacker out there!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
This is cool! I wonder, if I buy a new Vita from Amazon, will it come with a downgradable firmware?
Yes. Any brand new, unopened Vita should be on any firmware below 3.65, Sony hasn't manufactured any Vita's recently enough that'd have a higher firmware than 3.65. If you get a Vita that's on a higher firmware than 3.65, it's not actually a brand new product, it was likely opened and updated by someone at some point.

Reactions: redmagejosh

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Yes. Any brand new, unopened Vita should be on any firmware below 3.65, Sony hasn't manufactured any Vita's recently enough that'd have a higher firmware than 3.65. If you get a Vita that's on a higher firmware than 3.65, it's not actually a brand new product, it was likely opened and updated by someone at some point.
Awesome! Thanks!

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Extraordinary! Now everyone can have a hacked Vita. I really hope to see a massive improvement for Vitacheat as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is cool! I wonder, if I buy a new Vita from Amazon, will it come with a downgradable firmware?
One thing is that now higher frimware versions can be downgraded (3.68) Some people may charge a much higher price for a used vita. Get one as cheap as you feel like and ask the seller what frimware version it is on too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head